Advance Chord Progession Help

• Thread starter Kind Of Good Chin
  • Start date
K

Kind Of Good Chin

What scale is Gb Major - F Major - Eminor in (used in Jay-z's I Just Wantta Love you, and Nelly's Hot in Here), because Pharrell uses this a lot? I can't figure it out. And I notice a lot of producer just move the chords a half step down and they don't really stay in a particular scale. In the last month I've read 3 books and about 30 website on music theory, and I now know all 12 scales and starting on my minor scales which start on every sixth tone of a major scale. I Know how to form any chord. I Know basic Chord pregression like ii-V-iii-vi-IV-ii-V-I with the out of scale slides (as one website put it), the circle of fifths and fourths. I just don't understand THAT chord progression up top. If you're advance at chord progressions please help. And add some tips. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lookin into readin some of those books ... what books did you read?

Kind Of Good Chin said:
What scale is Gb Major - F Major - Eminor in (used in Jay-z's I Just Wantta Love you, and Nelly's Hot in Here), because Pharrell uses this a lot? I can't figure it out.
I think you're having a problem figuring out the key because the progression is not diatonic. If you want to reproduce it in other keys, think of it as a I, VII, vi progression.

cbrewer said:
I'm lookin into readin some of those books ... what books did you read?

The Books are -How To Play Popular Piano in 10 Easy Lessons, Play Piano in a Flash!, Teach Yourself to Play Piano Lessons. I got all the computer versions. You can get them too if you know what I mean. If a BEAR would SHARE it with you.

Back