accidently figure out a melody?

N

nemphix

Sup guys, I just made this thread cause this has happened to me 2 or three times already,

have you ever been sitting sown messin with sounds/instruments or just trying to make a melody for your beat, then all of a sudden you figure out a part of somones beat?

like for example, im playin with a trumpet synth then i hit the exact note thats used for the start of wu tang's "gravel pit" song then i get it

and just now i was messin with some distorted organ sounds and got the melody for "Hell yeah" by Dead Prez,

its funny its just like you hit a note then sumthin in your brain clicks, and boom! haha ****...

this has to happen to some of u? no?

I've accidentally figured out original melodies for my beats by just pounding on the keyboard to play patches in FL. Whenever i play a melody that's part of a well known track though, it's usually very conscious.

Are you guys talking about accidentally biting off other peoples' beats? If so, then hell yes: all the time. It pisses me off too that I hadn't thought of em first.

Yea, I was Messin Aroiund with Melodys and i played What sounded like someone elses melody. It sounded close so i tried to figure out the rest and got pretty damn close. To this day i have forgotten how to play it and what song it was but was a cool experience at the time

one time i was trying to make this composed track and i ended up playing out that little organ riff from little boy blues seed of love, the sample that was used in jay-z public service announcement by jblaze

Yes that's happened to me too!!!

This has happened to me alot while trying to figure out different melodies of my own it's natural this can lead to great things.

I get this all the time, not soo much something I notice as I don't remember a lot of other peoples stuff, but when someone hears it they tend to say, I've heard that.
Best story for this is that I was listening to a song by a famous artist and then noticed the riff used was familiar, it turns out that it was from a tune I had made years ago. Pity I'd never released it maybe I could claim he copied me.

i figured out the melody to the aladdin song (a whole new world) by accident once, that was cool since it's my favorite disney movie.

I was playing around with the pre-loaded strings on FL studio once and I ended up making the "Still Dre" beat. Very simple actually....

Just did this yesterday

Just last night I was making an uptempo dance beat and was messing around with basslines and I finally got one I liked. I knew it sounded familiar but I said F it I'll use it anyway. Then this morning I listened to the beat again and it hit me right away. I jacked the Rhianna "SOS" melody. I even threw in the laser sounds that she has in there. Man I'm pissed cause I was all geeked last night when I went to bed thinking I had a smash hit. I did just someone elses.

A big affirmative on that...lol "Snap Ya Fingas" is 3 notes played 4 times then it just goes up an octave....but its still so hype. Musically though, theres nothing to it.

Back