ABLETON QUESTION: Trap/808'S

lachlanism

Question for any trap producers on here who use Ableton: Do you use the stock 808 style kits?

I find myself getting really fussy with the snares because they just don't quite sound like the Metro Boomin style snares i know and love, and unless i am doing something wrong, i can't quite get the 808 kicks to make a good bassline either. It just never quite actually sounds like bass the way it does in say, a future song. Always just sounds like a tuned kick

Not sure quite sure if its my samples, or if it's just me not knowing how to manipulate my sounds properly. Could be a bit of both tbh haha

Any help would be much appreciated!

I mostly use Cymatics trap packs 808's and then tweak them to my liking.
They are so great! A trick I do is to create an audio effect rack, and then create a new channel in the rack. Here I'll add an EQ, and then add a shit ton of mid and high end on the 808. I'll then add massive amounts of distortion (Overdrive) Or camelcrusher if you have it available.
I'll then create a new channel in the rack, with another EQ without any major tweaks. I'll then turn down the first channel with the mid and high end distortion, until it's not so apparent.

This will create a massive 808 with great mid tone presence (Buzz)
But yeah, cymatics 808 is the shit.

Back