808's in earphones?

i've only been producing for a few months so, i don't know to much but, with that song the 808 seems to have a lot of harmonics. And based off the apple earphones i have used and my experience with laptop speakers those harmonics are most likely what your hearing. The lower end of an 808 on laptop speakers is incredibly bad and the earphones arent as bad but still no good. But, i recommend adding some distortion to your 808 to get that sound.

oh, and if you're going to use earphones the 808 sounds better with the ones that go inside your ear but, they're not good for your ears.

Last edited:
When I compose a beat, the 808s sounds nice through the speakers but sometimes through earphones they sound different...

I listen though apple earphones

I wanna have 808s bump through earphones and through my laptop like

Lil Wayne's 6 Foot 7 Foot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7tOAGY59uQ

They will never bump the same, seeing as how laptop speakers and headphones don't reproduce the same range of frequencies the same. Truthfully when you're making a song you shouldn't really try to mix it on the laptop speakers or with earbuds. Get some decent headphones. Check out the akg's. Those are good for mixing music.

To help the 808 have some definition just layer a kick on top of it and hi pass that kick at around 500hz. This leaves the top end as the more punch sound while your reg 808 will carry the low end

the easiest way to get it to bump on headphones is waves r-bass or maxbass, but that can have the adverse effect of (if used wrong) making the 808s sound bad on a good system.

Back