808 Mafia/Metro Boomin/TM88/Southside Hi Hat Effect?

treinte

Sounds like a Gross Beat or Fruity Philter mod:

(The hats that the song starts out with:)

If you been listening to recent Southside/TM88/808 Mafia/Metro productions, you notice you hear this effect on the hats alot

Another example (you gotta wait till the drums kick in)

It sounds like the stock preset of Fruity Love Philter (that it opens on) sped up or modified . . . I tried going to Pat 1 > CUT > PAT and manually speed it up but it doesn't sound the same

Last edited:
sounds like simple phasing with a resonance control - maybe a flanger with the same (fundamental difference is the time frame that the two are modulated over)

Agree with BC.
It's controlled through an envelope, I would guess you'll achieve the best using the LovePhilter.
I think you'll need to cut the resonance a bit, as well edit the envelope, making it more gentle with a more upturned line than linear.
The dry sound sounds a little like white noise that decayes quickly, either by a volume envelope in the sample and triggered several times in the pianosequencer, or a constant noise going through an envelope-plugin where they've made this decaying gate-sound.
Hope that points you a bit in the right direction.

Last edited:
I've tried experimenting with this effect also. I just chopped the eighth note of the hat up and transposed each note down to the 4th octave from the 5th. Maybe try that.

Thinking too hard. It's just a preset off Love filter. If you're using something else than FL, Waves Metafilter(?) or Etch Red Filter can come close, but that's a straight Love Filter preset.

Back