808 Bass question

range

I searched this topic up but didn't really find what I was looking for.

I've been using sampled 808 bass, but was wondering if there's a way to create it, if there's some kind of VST or plug-in to do that.

Yeah I was wondering what the VST is called and where I can get it from.

I'm not big on VST's that's why I'm asking.

Thanks

Yeah check out reason rebirth which is now for free, it has a 303 808 and 909,
www.rebirthmuseum.com/ get it there.
you can rewire it into any with rewire, but you will need midi yoke for midi, If you use pro tools you wont be able to run midi yoke it crashes pro tools midi all together and you will loose midi.
its the closest thing to having a real 808.

On that if anyone has a fix for this problem let me know please.

range said:
I searched this topic up but didn't really find what I was looking for.

I've been using sampled 808 bass, but was wondering if there's a way to create it, if there's some kind of VST or plug-in to do that.

Actually, an 808 kick is made from an osc type called a "bridged T network". It's trail dies off on it's own (unlike a traditional osc) after a period of time determined by the amount of positive feedback applied to it. Plus (and this is important) it's pitch goes flat at the end of its trail off.

Then there is also a click in the attack portion to give it the "beater" sound (the click comes from a CV pulse.)

So, that being said... what many people refer to as an "808 kick" sound is really just talking about some variation on the "bass drop" idea.

It is not based on any oscillators at all and no pitch bend at all (as I see people on FP, and in general, tend to incorrectly claim is the way it is created).

I gave a detailed explanation on how this is created in a past thread... here is a link to it (unfortunately, the audio and visual links I had provided at that time are no longer on my server, but all the descriptive text is still there.)

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=62302&perpage=8&pagenumber=2

read my posts in that thread.

You can also add a short click in the attack of the sound with a little white noise burst (or some other little clicky sound) with a really fast attack and decay and some high rolloff for that added 808 umph.

Back