7 Reasons your tracks are boring your audience

the concept of resolution is as you describe, albeit incompletely

in my statement above (over 3 1/2 years ago now) each of the quoted instances is a cadence or resolution point in a chord progression; they are used exactly as you describe to bring a sense of ending to a phrase

think about Let it be - C-G-Am-F-C-G-Am-F-Em-Dm-C

C-G is I-V and is a cadence where chord I resolves to chord V

G-Am is V-vi and is a cadence where V resolves to vi

F-C is IV-I and is a cadence where IV resolves to I

F-Em is IV-iii and is also a cadence where IV resolves to iii: iii is a substitute for both V and I

i.e. the progression is a chain of cadences even the ii-I is a substitute for or an elision of V-I

Last edited:
This is a good post but nothing to necessarily fall back on youll lose the freedom in recording with too much theory placed in your process

The chord progression part is all facts though

Last edited by a moderator:
Not Boring

I affirm with Bandcoach on the whole, but...

The article forgets noise art and collage and experimental styles of composition. But then, maybe these styles are reserved for boring audiences. lol

I think it makes a boring album/artist if every song tries to make the same thing happen.

I happen to believe that boring is trying to do what everyone else is doing... so I agree with you... even if you are catering to a smaller audience is still fun to do something different and unique

WOW, AMAZEIN. U Halpd me alot thanxs. New here and I already am liking what Im seein.

PEAS!

Last edited:
Back