-24 LU +/-1 limit on my 'Master' - Is it really important to keep my level under it?

SpectruMaddness

GROWLLLLL..DROP
I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right forum category and plus I'm not sure if I made the question clear enough.

I'm watching the audio analysis levels of my master right now and I notice that even though my overall peaking level is well below -3dB. the audio analyzer shows RED on my Integrated (LUFS). It shows -22.8/.9.

So here's my question >> Does it really matter? I know it doesn't hurt to turn down a channel or 2 but I really want to know!

Didn't expect it would take so long to get a response in a forum full of future/already prods. xP well atleast someone tell me the question is not clear or something :S

so,

I do not know what daw you are using

I do not know what plugin you are using

I do not know what your specific issue is because I do not have the necessary information to form even a tentative response

I'm using Abelton and for audio analyzing I use iZotopes's 'Insight'. Umm I can't upload a sample from my track. but I just wanted to know if you take the LUFS reading very seriously? + does the LU limit that we set vary between tracks?

Back