192khz synthi sound to 44khz cd

B

BASSINVADA

i,ve got a synthi vst played in ableton live 4.0 that sounds great when played
with 192khz resolution but how do i
get this brilliance of sound on cd with
44khz?

What are you using to record? It should have some type of dither that gets your recording down to the CD standard.

for now im just using the abletons "render as wav" output option and then i burn it on cd without any steps in between.
i will try izotope ozone when i get it.

can you tell me what process must be done before i can burn my raw wav file
from my mix on cd.
FOR EXAMPLE:what is dither?

Dither is the process of "dithering" down from a higher odd sample rate to a lower one, for example from 96Khz to 44.1Khz - the computer has to calculate what bit are left out and what remains (since it's essentially cropping out data). This is where the dithering algorhithm comes in, and they may vary a bit. I think if you use an even sample rate (like 88.2Khz - double the 44.1Khz), there wouldn't be need to dither, because it'd just remove every other sample.

So basically, you just need a good dithering process to get the good sides of a 192Khz signal into 44.1Khz, which is the CD standard. I've never really had issues with Live's rendering, but then again I always just record straight in 44.1.

krushing said:
Dither is the process of "dithering" down from a higher odd sample rate to a lower one, for example from 96Khz to 44.1Khz
Actually dithering refers to adding low level noise when converting from a higher bit depth to a lower bit depth (i.e. from 24 bits to 16 bits). Sample rate is unrelated to dithering.

actualy dithering is the replacemant of digital noise (caused by bitdepth decreasing) with warm analoge noise.
as far as i read...

Back