the $1000000 Sound Question

H

HappyDice

hello music lovers

a $1000000 advice needed about sound quality

what consider to be a better way to produce a proffesional quality sound in a home studio.

1. buy a ready made proffesional loops CD'S
and arange them with acid pro.

2. making my own loops with cubase and lots of VSTI.

Thank you for the patience

if you like to listen to my
1 year Self-Learning Tracks
made with Acid,Fruity,Cubase,Reaktor.
then here it is
any suggestions welcome

Peace

Eitan
http://www.mp3.com/EPeace

make your owen loops, I think its a bit cheesy to just throw together CD sample loops.

Taos

BOTH

A mix of both works even better i find.

Chop loops up into little pieces, rearrange and it changes the sound altogether.

Rich.

I've got a synth linked up to cubase, but a cd player going into my synth, so i got the best of both worlds!

xtra

oh yeah and send it thru rewire into cubase and put each drum sound thru it's own cubase channel, and eq each sound for hi-fi chunk.
Or yeah - do that chop up of an audio loop with a sampler. You could get like say, a conga loop, chop one and a half beat length bits out of it, and get funky, and if it sounds good just looping as a full loop trigger over 133bpm, find a kick sound you like, sequence a kick pattern you like onto 133bpm, then have that on its own. Then have 5 or 6 chopped conga bits that you just play intuitively over the top, as if you were playing the congas except that the original conga player's feel interacts with your own because you aren't just triggering single samples, but neither are you just triggering a single or double bar loop (which is fun also :>)

Thank You all

Great Answers

please TELl Me More

found another by accident

took a midi conga drum loop (playing to Vsampler vst)
copy it to another track
erase it's hlfbeat all over the copied track
half tempo (from logical functions)on the copied track
and play the copied modified track with the original track

Great-Beat

same thing works with hip hop.. put a 3 beat delay (with a effect unit that can count beats and auto set 1,2,3,4 ect beat delays) on a slow hip hop beat..
then u have ur basic dnb stuff

2 is the answer, any monkey can paint with numbers.

Cheers mate.

or...throw a rock thru someone's window and get beat up - that might be kind of 'upbeat', hehe. Errr.
There were these drunk backpackers on the street at 3am last night, soo stupid. I was up anyway, doing music, and even i started getting a bit teed off. This is like housing commission, even tho' it's an elevated innercity suburb, and like some dude stuck his head out, and told them off. They talked back and the recently woken up neighbour decided he was gonna beat them up. They p*ssed off like chickens from a dog.
There's a helluva otta ways to get beat up and a wide palette of mix and match techniques to get a beat neat and funky. Plenty of options. Create your own, rip someone else's to shreds - lawds above, if post-modernism did nothing else, it should have told us that patchworking if done [with integrity, ingenuity, or intelligent intuition] is an art, not only a craft.

i-clan said:
. Create your own, rip someone else's to shreds - lawds above, if post-modernism did nothing else, it should have told us that patchworking if done [with integrity, ingenuity, or intelligent intuition] is an art, not only a craft.

yeah, cool

The professional touch is often in the mixdown, the right use of standard effects (reverb, chorus, delay) and the mastering. Most ppl overlook them, or go over them too quickly.

Back