Will the adhesive that came with my studio foam mess up my walls?

mguz11

I just bought some auralex foam. And it came with some liquid adhesive and a can of spray adhesive. I just plan on making the acoustics in my actual studio (not the vocal booth) tighter. So I plan on putting the foam on various spots in the room. Will the adhesive mess my walls up when it is time to break it down? I'm sure my landlord wouldn't be happy if i ****ed the walls up. But if it won't harm the walls I will go for it. If not could someone recommend a way of putting it up with minimal signs showing it was there when I go to take it down? Peace

I don't think you want to use that adhesive, what you want is something semi permanent like that shit people use for hanging pictures, it might be necessary to use the adhesive to attach Velcro or something flat and smooth onto the foam but I don't think you want to get that shit all over the wall.

Last edited:
Probably. One thing you can try that's not as damaging is industrial staples. Depending where u put the foam you can put up with staples without worrying about screwing the wall up too much (4-6 staples per foam panel). It's easier to put some spakle in those small holes than re-painting. Also, if u spend more money u can put up acoustic panels (absorbers, etc), which can be mounted and removed. my 2 cents

Word thanks for the help fellas. Don't think I'm gonna use that shit, I like the staples idea and the picture things. Think I will try that out. Don't want my landlord up my ass about messing his house up.

You could glue some velcro strips to the pannel and then staple some velcro strips to the wall, that way you don't end up with puckering and it should be easy to remove the staples without destroying the foam.

Back