Where Is Your Studio?

WHERE do you keep your studio?

• in your own house, in its own room?

Votes: 192 24.2%
  • in your own house, in your bedroom?

Votes: 154 19.4%
  • in your parent's house, in its own room?

Votes: 89 11.2%
  • in your parent's house, in your bedroom?

Votes: 255 32.2%
  • in an apartment/condo suite?

Votes: 102 12.9%

• Total voters
Mine is in my parents' house, in my bedroom. Soon I'll be moving upstairs though and I'll get the whole second floor to myself. A bedroom, and a room for the studio!

Now located in my bedroom following a move-out. Needing to deal with the acoustic space slightly as previously it was in my parents garage, which was completely converted and featured large bass traps and full acoustic panel treatment, mixing there was a pleasure. Now it's not so good with a lively box of a room, much to deal with.

right inside my room bro! i live on the second floor of these project-like homes. Straight pushing magic out of that room!

We have literally just moved into a good size 3 bedroom house. It's me, my wife and out baby...which translates to a spare room...which translates to my studio room.

I have wanted this ever since I first started making music and it is so awesome having a space to get away.

it's in my living room- but it really looks like a hybrid between studio and living room. but people like it here, so.. yeah. living room. :)

I'm in a townhouse now. It's nice because I can use the master bedroom for music, and it has good dimensions. But I can't turn things up very loud with neighbors adjacent. They have complained.

I'm in the process of selling my townhouse and moving to a new city, and I'm trying to figure out how I can cheaply live and also make a lot of noise with music. :)

- I can't afford to build a new house, though doing so would eliminate shared walls and I could build a music area to the dimensions I need.

- Existing houses are very expensive in this area. It doesn't make sense to buy used: might as well build.

- I think a concrete loft could be really cool: thick walls and floor, high ceilings for acoustics, and the industrial feel might do very well with the recording music videos I'll be making. But these are very expensive and hard to find. It looks like many of them have waiting lists a year long! And would the acoustic isolation from neighbors be enough?

- A standard apartment is more affordable. With low ceilings, shared walls, etc. I won't be able to make much noise at all, and I don't think that environment would lend itself well to video. Video will be a very important part of distributing my music.

- I guess I could buy a mobile home for cheap? Crappy construction in a bad neighborhood, but technically no shared walls? I don't think this would lend itself to video either. How much do you think neighbors would hear from nearby mobile homes?

What do you guys think? Did you have issues with noise in these environments?

i have build a small studio in my bedroom, i live with my partents so...
have so herculex 2.0.80 speakers in it and use fl studio on my pc.
thats about it

My first studio was a pair of SM58's (only one was mine), a shit drum machine (also wasn't mine) and a Tascam 4-Track cassette recorder - I think it was one of these:

We'd set up wherever we could blaze a zoot with a power source - box of percussion stuff, drum machine, guitars and two SM58's.

Later I had an Akai DPS12i and a pair of Tannoy Reveals (shared them) and we could record 6 inputs simultainiously - 4/5 mics on a kit and bass.

The stuff you can do now with just a laptop still blows my mind to be honest.

If you have an audio interface - and a mic - some headphones - and a laptop you've got a studio. I don't give a shite what anyone says.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 23
Back