Where Is Your Studio?

WHERE do you keep your studio?

• in your own house, in its own room?

Votes: 192 24.2%
  • in your own house, in your bedroom?

Votes: 154 19.4%
  • in your parent's house, in its own room?

Votes: 89 11.2%
  • in your parent's house, in your bedroom?

Votes: 255 32.2%
  • in an apartment/condo suite?

Votes: 102 12.9%

• Total voters

illapino

Do you house your personal studio to make beats in:

a) in your own house, in its own room?
b) in your own house, in your bedroom?
c) in your parent's house, in its own room?
d) in your parent's house, in your bedroom?
e) in an apartment/condo suite?

I especially wanted to know if the last one was even possible without getting evicted ... Let me know

well i have two studios really. one downtown and i have a little production setup at my apartment. but i do most of my work downtown. i just gather ideas at the crib.

ima fulltime college student so when im in skool its in my dorm room..and when i come home on the weekends its in my bedroom..

Okay. I wanted to omit any outside or big studios. I'm talking about personal studios. And in your apartment huh? How does that work? Any complaints when you're mixing on your big fat monitors? Or no big fat monitors at home?

illapino said:
Okay. I wanted to omit any outside or big studios. I'm talking about personal studios. And in your apartment huh? How does that work? Any complaints when you're mixing on your big fat monitors? Or no big fat monitors at home?

at home no big fat monitors. i have two tascam active monitors and a sub. i don't usually have it blasting and i don't think others in my building mind...at least as long as it's not blasting, it sounds good and it's not 3 in the morning.

mine is in my garage and it sucks. its cold in the winter and hot in the summer and when rains the mic gets it and when people cut grass the mic pics its up. but i live in a town brick townhouse and the people on both sides have brick too so noise isnt much of an issue. and most of my studio work gets down early in the morning or late at night

Basement in my parent's house. I'm worried about this sh!t when I get to college though cuz dormrooms are mad close together. And my room mate might not appreciate it. I don't wanna be mixing on headphones all the time. Does anyone have experience with doing beats in a dorm setting?

Last edited:
In my house but not in my bedroom or any room really. I have 3 living room areas on upstairs and 2 downstairs. I use one of my downstairs living rooms... just an open area with my setup and an open mic. After running numerous tests, I found that my area has a very nice natural reverb for vocals that I like so I strategically placed my mic to capture it.

PhirstN3rd said:
Basement in my parent's house. I'm worried about this sh!t when I get to college though cuz dormrooms are mad close together. And my room mate might not appreciate it. I don't wanna be mixing on headphones all the time. Does anyone have experience with doing beats in a dorm setting?

yea it phuckin sucks lol, ive had alot of roomates most of them are cool about it as long as its not too late.. but pray you wont have the nerdy roomate thats always in his room

but with all the sh!t going on in college, u'd be lucky to find time to make music

got my **** in a apartment....im lucky tho, my neighbors below me are cool as hell and understand my cause lol...cant wait to get a crib tho ...whenever that'll be...

in its own room in my apt
i live in the top floor and the neighboors below don't mind either. sometimes they be blastin they music till 2 am in the weekend and i be blastin mine too. never had a complaint in 5 years living here. :)

I made beats in my dorm room. The RA was always bitchin during my last year. Almost got me fined like twice. If ur RA is a punk ***** like mines was then I wouldn't turn it up too loud.

GoodMoney said:
I made beats in my dorm room. The RA was always bitchin during my last year. Almost got me fined like twice. If ur RA is a punk ***** like mines was then I wouldn't turn it up too loud.

lol my RA was cool as **** when i was at my old school...i be screamin loud as hell and still no complaints

Last edited:
IN my bedroom in a rented house...I don't really sleep there, but there is a bed (so I guess it's a bedroom studio)

While in college, I did the dorm thing for a year or two...the first semester, you might be screwed since you don't know anyone, but network during that first semester and find someone who does music or is at least cool with you doing it...room with them next semester

I did that...my roommate and I developed a good chemistry and eventually drew the attention of a local label...we became the in-house production duo...

Last edited:
PhirstN3rd said:

Protect your equipment while at school. You dont wanna fall victim to theft...

Mines in my parents house im 16...Make beats nd record, dnt blast my music when da parents r around, gt headphones 4 that

Back