Where Is Your Studio?

WHERE do you keep your studio?

• in your own house, in its own room?

Votes: 192 24.2%
  • in your own house, in your bedroom?

Votes: 154 19.4%
  • in your parent's house, in its own room?

Votes: 89 11.2%
  • in your parent's house, in your bedroom?

Votes: 255 32.2%
  • in an apartment/condo suite?

Votes: 102 12.9%

• Total voters
On My Neck . Traxx Pad On Play Station Portable Mad Beats Yo.

Last edited:
Well my last 2 roommates were haters...and they would act like their doin work and shyt jus so I can turn it down....or they would pout and suck their teeth when I get all crazy and do my producer dance...but otha than that I don't care about them cus they don't own the shyt I paid to be in the n if u don't like the things I do then get the f*ck out.....but now I'm good goin into my junior yr and I'm rooming with all my friends who rap for the fun of it....so they enjoy when I make beats.

illapino said:
in-house production duo for who and where? and have you left that label?

A small label you;ve never heard of...it lasted around a year's time...the "CEO" put together the best talent on campus... He didn't do anything with the talent though...

We did all the work...It was mainly all my equipment.

Lot's of material....we were all green though...and yea I was the first to leave, most followed...it became a SUGE KNIGHT situation... master disks were requested, I refused, my life was threatened (he sent a dude after me) NOt a good look...

THe main guy was a clown/lame, but he had a bit of muscle behind him...I still wasn't backing down.

I've done my own thing since....moral of this story--watch who you do biz with...My partner and I had a split during this time b/c he became part of the dude's clique before **** got bad...I didn't. So sides were chosen.

We reconciled years later and still make music to this day...that was almost ten years ago.

I just put my old business on blast, but maybe someone will learn from it...I went off to college to get away from the streets, but for a minute I thought I was gonna have to body someone, forreal forreal....dealing with shady dudes is a no-no.

Last edited:
my studio started out in a small ass closet bout 5 yearz ago...moved 2 a room and then i took a while off get back in it heavy and built a big ass room for it in the garage, threw sum carpet down got a AC for the summer and a heater for the winter, no different then bein in a house "heatin an air wise" but i have more ability to be loud and whatnot.

its legit none the less, i have no plans to move it again anytime soon

i have my studio in the basement of my townhouse as far as my neighbors go i just try not to blast my speakers too late or too early for that matter you know how us producers work. but the one thing i dont like about my basement is that is has been a pain in the arse to get my room acoustics right which still arent all the way there but im on my way... my wife complains more than tha neighbors lol woman cant live with them cant live without them

I got my lab in my living room as of now in the corner....I got my own apartment...well me and my lady....but one day I plan to make a whole room into a studio....and the closet will be the vocal booth....

It takes time and money or course but Ill get there....

BKster

stated out in the bedroom shared with my wife ...rentd a small 2 room office was 30 min away from home .....too far moved to the livin room of the house......moved to a studio building prewired oand everything the owner was a d##&.....got put out after 4 months back to the livin room ...now iam back in a 2 room building that currently has 4 other studios ....great networking while working.....

I got mine in my bedroom, it's kinda tight and only about to get worse, I'm saving up to get my monitors soon, but I literally sleep right next to my keyboard

I don't get a lot of ideas at the big studio, its too perfect of an environment. I get most of my ideas in the car :0)

first of all il say hi lol im never reli on here im a bit of a addict to another site so far but Atm im livin in my mums yard so it in my bedroom, i aint no creepy old guy lol im only 17 atm, but yh my girl is gettin a house in the next few months so ima move it in there wit me, its not bad doe reli i get the house to mysef most of the tym so i get time to blast my music out and ****, besides its gd to wake up to what u love lol

Parents house, livingroom, making beats with super hq headphones. And in my bedroom recording vocals.

mines in my bedroom, nobody living next door except for doctor surgery but thats mostly open hours im not around. on the other side theres about 15 feet space between the houses. so playing music loud on evenings isnt a problem. parents are usually tolerant of the music but sometimes they ask to turn it down, especially at night.

Back