whats audio interface how it works?

Reezy

okay so this one thing i have been avoiding since i started producing. never felt like i needed one. but i really wanna know how these extremely costly audio interface works and is it necessary to get one to improve productions?

An audio interface is a standalone device designed solely for the purpose of handling high quality audio(prices vary). Internal soundcards pick up way too much interference inside the computer from the rest of the components, they are also fundamentally too small to handle a quality signal. You no doubt need an audio interface in any home studio. They aren't way over the top you could get a functional one around $200 or so.

And no it will not make your production better, but you sure will hear it better

Check out the Scarlett Focusrite 2i2. Its just a small standard one but thats what i use and it is more than enough for an amateur producer!

You'll want one eventually when you realize you have a bunch of extra noise and sounds coming through your headphones and speakers. An audio interface gives you a much cleaner sound signal than your regular audio jack that comes with your computer. It also enables you to hook up studio monitors and headphones. If your concerned about quality you will want studio monitors and a trusted pair of headphones. Also a major thing is plugging in microphones and other external gear...XLR and TRS are standards when working with pro audio with studio gear. Think of a audio interface like a audio hub. As you grow you'll want to have better quality and have more options to get everything done. I think a presonus audiobox runs . around $150

Either get an audio interface like the other mentioned or a sound card with a Faraday shield to block electromagnetic signals from interfering with the audio signal.

Back