what does an external soundcard do ?

D

dylanf

thinking of one as my fl studio crackles the **** out even though i have a mac book pro , will an external sound card help
and if it does what brand ?

Maybe a little bit, but likely your CPU or your bus system is overloaded. Take a look at the system monitor to check how high is the load on various components.

I am not familiar with FL but I have a sound card due to having nice monitors and wanting a cleaner signal than from a headphone jack.

Maybe a little bit, but likely your CPU or your bus system is overloaded. Take a look at the system monitor to check how high is the load on various components.
I agree with this dude, it is more likely to be your PC.

IRO external soundcards and all, I'm not an expert...but I ran my sound through an Alesis IO2 previously and now an M-Audio something or other that looks similar. Never had any issues at all, but my PC is pretty beastly.

If it is your PC that needs upgrading then you may just need some RAM hopefully. It's an easy fix and not too too expensive.

JC

an external soundcard (audio interface) Helps out your PC/MAC by taking off some of the process power already being used. It also helps out with Latency and crackling in monitors and headphones. Even though Minimum requirement states you need 4Gb of Ram I would still upgrade and get 8 or 16. Also You Should look into bouncing your midi tracks into audio files. this will also save on processing.

Back