What are the best studio headphones?

S

Spinscratch

I'm about to get some studio headphones but I get people telling me all kinds of things. The name that comes up the most is Grado and to stay away from Beats by Dre.

At this moment, the best studio headphones are Beats By Dr.Dre STUDIO but they are very expensive....personally, I'm using Sony MDR-CD560 and low-cost Pioneer SE-M390...that Pioneer headphones are giving highly accurate sound

At this moment, the best studio headphones are Beats By Dr.Dre STUDIO but they are very expensive....personally, I'm using Sony MDR-CD560 and low-cost Pioneer SE-M390...that Pioneer headphones are giving highly accurate sound

There not even made for studio use. :shame:

Beats are over rated and over priced IMO, some what of a fashion accessory these days. I would look at the Sennheiser, AKG and Audio-Technica. All have solid studio headphones in there range.

Admittedly, I use hi-fi headphones and I use Grado SR for instrument practice, so work that out. The hi-fi headphones, Sony MDR NC500d are quite accurate and being that I know them very well and enjoy listening to them (and using noise cancelling) I can mix on them. Frequency response is better than Dre Beats, overall a little flatter, stereo imaging is top-notch. They do a 'studio' model too, which I'm yet to try. MDR-Z1000 (MDRZ1000, MDRZ1000.AE) : Portable audio : Sony

Noise cancelling is probably completely frowned upon, spat upon, by audio engineers for mixing purposes but I can't do without it now. It gets you close to the sound and when you aren't in a dead environment, it really helps.

as far as brand sure and sony head phones or good for studio use

From what I understand (new to the site) Sennheiser is your best bang for your buck. I use Samson headphones and Sony. I like Samson because they remind me of a knock off Shure :P. I would definitely go with Sennheiser, good luck!

Sony mdr7506

Lots of years trying different stuff and those headphones sounds great and are really confortable!

Are you tracking or are you mixing. If you are actually the person recording is in in front of a mic I wouldn't use any open back headphones, but if you are mixing I really dig my pair of Akg K702 they are around 400 I think, but 100% worth it.

I got a pair of KRK-Kns8400's. Their superb, especially compared to my AKG's which I still use though. lol Beats by Dre Studio??? There all hype but not for professionals.

get Audio Technicas ATH-M50's. they are the best in the price range. never buy beats by dr. dre for studio use. its not made for it

Back