Upgrading my studio, help?

aRboogie

"THAT" GUY...
Hey whatsup. I'm looking to take the next step in terms of my studio( Sound Proofing, Hardware, Furniture lol, and possible a recording area if possible)
the room is 82in X 92in , the height is 105in

pics included so u get the idea

2011-11-05160828.jpg
[/IMG]
2011-11-05160805.jpg
[/IMG]
2011-11-05160703.jpg
[/IMG]
2011-11-05160649.jpg
[/IMG]
2011-11-05160524.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm by far not an expert but I can tell you soundproofing won't happen, the room is to small. With bass traps as well your going to have even less space.

Last edited:
I got pretty much close to a G right now. My main focus would be the sound treatment first, then I was thinking something in the direction for recording if possible; otherwise monitors would be next on the list.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

yaaa?? ... if thats the case ill just keep it as is for now intill i can get a bigger room

stack up five hundred more and build your own bass traps and absorption panels and mixing cloud
$1,000.00 to $1,200.00 for monitors
$500 for self built acoustic treatment
the two things above go together like hand in glove

are you just trying to produce or are you trying to do demo work for local artists and/or you trying to develope artists to pitch to indie or major labels..
things things should be thought of when chosing your space for your studio and what equipment you buy
and I suggest making a business plan so you can detail how you're going to fiance your studio and how you going to use your studio

if need one on one assistance on improving your studio contact me

The Walking on Water Coach Antonio aka fataltone

check out my thread here
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-links-resources-indie-artists-labels-364398/
and my other threads in this section
I do PR and business coaching,general consulting as well providing organizational coaching(which will give you more time in your work day and personal life)
if you want to take your career to new heights as a media professional please contact me
this is what I do

I provide services that get indie labels, artists and producers and all media professionals more publicity and profits

my process works as so
1.create a relationship with you(business owner)
2.help you birth a vision, or refine your vision(brainstorming sessions)
3.help you lay out a plan(online/street team plan,business plan,marketing plan,public relation plan,organization plan) and general and detailed plans for music professionals
4.help you stay motivated and on a timeline
5.show you how to enjoy your success and build upon it

also providing coaching/consulting on
marketing
salesmanship
professionalism
sure fire networking
faith and entertainment
leadership
time management/organization
Q & A Music Business/Law Consultation
Recording/Producer Studio design/organization(includes equipment suggestions for your budget)
reminder results are determined by your actions

HolyLamb Media & Entertainment Coaching and Consulting
Let's build a relationship to build your success

Affordable Services with Quality results
contact me here on package and one on one pricing
or at
holy_lamb_media_entertainment@hotmail.com

P.S. I do one freebie general Q & A consultation
so you can test my abilities to improve your success and knowledge

Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.

Prov. 13:11
YOU GOT DEAD PRESIDENTS, BUT I GOT A LIVING GOD

I'm by far not an expert but I can tell you soundproofing won't happen, the room is to small. With bass traps as well your going to have even less space.

Your sine waves aren't able to develop completely in a small room. And thats just 1 thing.

But if you are going to mix in that room and you have no choice you need to board up that window. That won't fix the room being square and too small issue, but it's a start and will help out a bit.

thats a small room, and its a bad shape....the only answer is a lot of bass trapping but then the rooms going to be even smaller.

you dont need to blow a grand tho. maybe a few hundred by building your own bass traps.

P.S dont board up the windows, that will make the bass worse, atm the windows are the only escape for low freq. it will however have high end reflection.
i would cover the windows with a few thick blankets and bass trap the rest of the room heavily.

im assuming you mean room treatment and not soundproofing btw because thats another issue...

Last edited:
i agree with the bass problem. not a whole lot of space for the sound to travel, kind of traps the sounds capability into a small space

If anything, you might be able to turn the room into a vocal booth, but only if you bass-trapped the *heck* out of it.

As a control room, you're going to have crazy bass cancellation issues, since your mix position is close to the center of the room (front to back). The smallness of the room means these problem frequencies will be higher than in a larger room - high enough to be up in the vocal range.

So for mixing, either pick another room or mix with headphones.

Yeaa.. i agree with the sound proofing.. room is a bit small..but as for everything and anything else.. vocally id get the NT1 studio..thats a good mic..i see u dont necessarily need a mixer..already got the akai ..i would get also get an audio interface..and new speakers..;)

Back