Transferable Acoustic Treatment

Pulen

Hi,

ive decided to treat my room properly with foam and stuff, for bass traps especially etc...so what im wondering is, if its possible after putting the materials in the room, will i be able to use all that material in the other room or ill have to buy new materials or something...? since its a rented apartment where ill be staying for only one year.

Thanks,
pulen

some will be transferable some won't

treatment such as foam diffusers/absorbers can pretty much be used anywhere but you would need to mount them in such a way that you can easily remove them from the existing location without damaging that location

bass traps and other broadband absorbers may or may not transfer to new rooms - room dimensions as well as materials determine what you need to use in a specific room

R[sub]t60[/sub] calculations (time for reverb to die away to -60dB below impulse level) will differ from room to room, so any treatment that you have used to address one room may be too much or too little for another

I've never used any recommended glue or adhesive. I just use Velcro. Screws are okay but then you'll have a 100 holes in the wall when you leave and the landlord won't be too happy about that.

Dtro

You velcro'd acoustic panels to the walls, or did you velcro a auralex kit to the wall?

Back