SUGGESTIONS + ADVICE NEEDED! NEW Home Studio...

kimbiekid

Hey guys. Brand new to Future Producers and already see this is a place with a lot of answers and people using the same gear and with the same styles as me. I am currently investing a lot to get serious about music production. I have already bought an Akai MPK49, NI Maschine, Korg Kaosspad, and a Korg Kaossilator pro. I will be doing all of my production on Ableton Live 8. The MPK49 is plug n play as it is already mapped for LIVE8, and I noticed that the Maschine also has a patch that maps it to LIVE, but my question is... Do I need a mixer to plug all these things in to get them speaking to live? Which one do you guys recommend, if I need one? Also, what other gear would you recommend that works well with this kind of setup. Any and all opinions are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Just so you know what sound I'm going for.... I'm looking to produce things in the realms of mount kimbie, daedelus, & feed me. So you can see I need gear that can transcend all these styles ;-)

Im trying to figure out the same thing I also purchased a bunch of gear and am wondering what i need to make it work with my sequencer.. im looking online at forums and suggestions for setups, you might try looking at diagrams like i am. its giving me atleast some of what i need.

i just picked up a new interface, the "Apogee Duet2" definitely a great investment, im running a MacBook Pro set up, with Maschine, Axiom 49, 2 Yamaha h50's and a h10 sub. Sounds amazing.

Back