Studio upgrade

Molotov

Hi people, my studio is identical to the description of the image, so I need know what is your opinion about the best place to put the computer, monitors and the other things( mpc, keypad, etc.). I need also discover the best form to isolate the sound to the outside or the most effective and economic.
Finally, I need buy a new monitors, I thought in the KRK 3G Rokit 5 or 6, do you think that rokit 6 is too much for size of the room?

Ah, the room it is not only for the studio, have some furniture and other stuff.
Imagem.jpg

Last edited:
Now:

Imagem - Cópia1.jpg

After I thought put the table something like this, and apply acoustic foam in half to absorve and attenuate the sound to the outside, I dont need a big isolation but rather attenuate lower frequencies, which are the more they hear abroad:

Imagem - Cópia2.jpg Imagem - Cópia3.jpg

What you think about this?

The First one on your second post i think is the best.

It's because of the windows position:

1-if you kind put the table a little more to the right and put absorbers on the sides and on the wall in across from where your table is... you should be fine.

2-don't over kill the room with absorbers because, anyway you gonna fill the space with other things.

3-also.. make sure you have a ver solid table if your speakers are on it(shaking purposes, make other things vibrate and **** up your listening), otherwise get some speaker stands(or make your own, trust me its pretty easy, just check some youtube videos or find a good source online) it will look cool too lol

I'm Just neat :hmmm: , make sure the sound is clear

Thank you ChimVega for your help.
In this moment, the table are in this position:

Imagem - Cópia.jpg

But now I have a lot of reverberation. When you say to put absorbers in the walls is something like the red lines indicate the drawing?
Other problem that I have is really the table. Is different from what I had and f**k my sound

Last edited:
you are experiencing the reverb or flutter echo because you are close in to the walls and the corners - the sound from your speakers is hitting the walls early and both the direct and reflected sounds are hitting your ears in quick succession

with any room you are facing three issues
1) bass response/resonance
2) room resonance in general
3) reflections from the walls multiplying and emphasising further the resonances of the other two

without knowing the height I cannot tell what your room resonance profile is completely

so far you have two resonances at 62.63Hz and 38.97Hz and third secondary resonance at 73.77Hz, roughly equivalent to C 1/4 sharp, Eb slightly flat and D slightly flat as well

absorbers/diffusers should go in directly in line with the forward and rear direction of your speakers taken from the mid-line between the lf and the hf drivers in your speakers

see this - Sound Proofing vs. Sound Treatment - for a more detailed response to your basic problems and some possible solutions

Last edited:
You gotta out some on the other walls just like the guy aboveme says.. he's got good tips

Last edited:
Well, now, I don't have ressonance in the room. I have put the curtains in the windows and the rest of the furnitures and stuff inside of the room and the resonance lowered.
Now, I THINK that the big problem is the the reflections that the Bandcoach have described. And after read and see video tutorials, I thought put absorbers, something like this (in back of the monitors and in the right wall where have a direct reflexion with a monitor.In the back of me, I cannot put anything because have a bookcase.):
Imagem - Cópia.jpg

So, what you think about this?
And what is the type of absorbs that you recommend?

you are creating problems for yourself by staying where you have indicated

putting furniture in your room will only lower the perceived resonances but will not remove them

still waiting for your height

adding absorber/diffusers you need to consider behind you and the other short wall as well -

with height we get the following primary, secondary and tertiary room resonances

primary
38.97Hz - Eb slightly flat
62.63Hz - C quarter sharp
73.07Hz - D slightly flat

secondary
73.77Hz - D slightly flat
82.81Hz - E
96.24 - G 1/8th sharp

tertiary
103.83Hz - G#

so you do have a real resonance problem at 73-74Hz through to 78Hz (the lowest resonance doubled)

I still think that you are far too lopsided within your room and need to reposition everything

Last edited:
Back