Studio Room Wall Colors...???

Chew_Bear

Most producers would probably prefer a 'dark' color I presume.

If so...Does a black usually work or would it be too dark...?

If black is too dark...What other colors would work for a studio...? Dark Red, Dark Brown, Dark Blue etc...?

Any tips, suggestions or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I would go with soft earth tones or light pastels. Green is calming, which is why TV and radio studio waiting/on-deck rooms were always painted green, as in "green room." Black is a bit of a downer (although one of my favorite colors), Red makes a room look smaller and tends to incite anger or fear. Blue is soothing and makes a room look bigger. So, green, blue, or other light/soft earth or pastel colors, if you want performers to be relaxed and comfortable. Something to think about, even if you currently don't have any outside clients.

GJ

Video editing rooms are often dark - you might look for inspiration from there. I wouldn't go black either - it probably sounds like a better idea than it actually is.

Thinking about painting my walls...hehe :p I hate the standard white that my room/house has.

Looked up on how to do it and it doesn't look too complicated.

I love black (clothes, cars, appliances, gear, anything etc) and I was thinking if I was to paint my studio...I would probably pick black. But than my judgement got the better of me and now I am thinking that black might be too dark/dreary/sad/offensive.

Now I am thinking a dark burgundy/maroon, dark purple or even a dark reddish purple might be a better choice.

Last edited:
Back