Studio Furniture Question

N

nupe03

Where can I get nice studio furniture under 500 that can hold a lot of equipment. Please don't state the obvious places like Musiciansfriend, Sam Ash, or Guitar Center. I need like some discount priced type shhiat.

Ikea?

Or a furniture warehouse. There's lots of discount furniture stores around where I live. You just gotta go out and try to find some deals.

That and garage sales, but those are pretty much over for the summer...

Try Guitar Center or any music equipment store. They have some nice workstations for a resonable price.

Uno/1

gams

Some of those workstations can be expensive you better bring your checkbook.

You probably should goto the obvious places like MF or Sam Ash, they buy that stuff in bulk so the prices may be a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
I got a free desk from an old neighbor when he didnt want it, and you could probably pick one up at salvation army or out of the paper from somebody for dirt cheap, I know I have....

Then, what I did, is measured out a bunch of measurments to surround the desk with additional space making a big L around the desk with some thick wood. Went down to Home Depot, got them to cut me all my wood (free too), bought a bunch of Cinder blocks and networked it all up.
Cheapest way and it looks semi-proffesional, not ghetto, just do it up right nobody even walks in and notices my entire set-up is riding on cinder blocks.

I have my turntables, desktop mixer, 2 large sized keyboards, computer monitor, speakers,few rack pieces, and ample room for CD's and Junk all within reaching area to work in. Just a thought, you could build something for youself....Just go pick up a sturdy used desk and build around that to custom needs.

I built a nice workstation desk with thehelp of Home Depot for under $50 bucks. It holds my two turntables and mixer, MPC, Computer, yamaha keyboard, and my main mixer. I built a shelf for my monitors and CD burner as well.

Back