Studio Furniture

c joker

What things do you guys have in your studio ? (not equipment)
Does it help with creativity ?
Does it hinder creativity?
Any pictures, paintings posters etc ?

Me I have nothing of that in my room except for a few drawings i put up of mine, a sign, some pictures of me and my siblings and a corkboard...

anyone have anything else in there rooms ??

The only way I can see furniture helping is workflow, each piece of equipment is close to hand and at a comfortable position to use. And of course in the right place, monitors especially.

I really cant see how pictures would make it a better place to make music.

I see your point, but mentally, there can be a lot to be said about making a place "feel right" to work in.

Personally, I find it hard to concentrate in here when it gets messy - Tape boxes, reels, mail (opened, unopened, otherwise), cables lying around...

Luckily, I take a lot of "ear breaks" anyway. So it doesn't get really out of hand too often.

It's a "just being picky" thing to a great extent - But I need a room to have a good "groove" going on. The lighting, visual treatments - It'll make it or break it for me.

True I guess its an individual preference. Creating an environment your comfortable working in is important when you think about it.

thats what i was goin for..what helps you guys record, write produce...etc and how is your room setup....

honestly i need to make the room feel more like MY room, it feels like im in a room with MY stuff but not my room....i need to put **** up to make it more of my room....

Noble Wordz: I really cant see how pictures would make it a better place to make music.[/QUOTE]

Because mentally u see things you like and enjoy and it puts u in a nice creative state of mind. And if you can't see that producing derives from something mentally in your head then your retarded. Where do you think your getting your ideas from. If you've ever heard someone talk about how they came up with that record they always talk about something that happened to them and in order for them to do that it has to do with how it affected them MENTALLY and sometimes physicly.

Last edited:
gotti799 said:
Because mentally u see things you like and enjoy and it puts u in a nice creative state of mind. And if you can't see that producing derives from something mentally in your head then your retarded. Where do you think your getting your ideas from. If you've ever heard someone talk about how they came up with that record they always talk about something that happened to them and in order for them to do that it has to do with how it affected them MENTALLY and sometimes physicly.

Well I must be retarded... Wait.

I was talking about pictures on a wall .. Your talking about the manifestation of memories in the brain .. If you cant tell the difference then you my friend are mentally retarded.

Last edited:
Being able to look at anything that inspires you be it out the window a book video or a poster.

noblewordz said:
Well I must be retarded... Wait.

I was talking about pictures on a wall .. Your talking about the manifestation of memories in the brain .. If you cant tell the difference then you my friend are mentally retarded.

I agree you are RETARDED. Your Dumnbass Must not of read the beginning of the thread because he specificly said " What things do you have in your studio? Pictures, Posters, Paintings? NOT EQUIPMENT

Does it help with your creativity or does it hinder was the questions. And what did NOBLEWORDZ put? "EQUIPMENT"
LMAO...

Last edited:
gotti799 said:
I agree you are RETARDED. Your Dumnbass Must not of read the beginning of the thread because he specificly said " What things do you have in your studio? Pictures, Posters, Paintings? NOT EQUIPMENT

Does it help with your creativity or does it hinder was the questions. And what did NOBLEWORDZ put? "EQUIPMENT"
LMAO...

No, if your read the title of this thread you would realize that he was not off topic. You lose 100 smart points and gain 200 e-bully points for that post.

i ended up making a lot of my own furniture - 2 18 space racks, a platform for drum machines + grooveboxes, and another velcro-covered platform for guitar pedals and what not. i made speaker stands too, they look really ****ty though - ah well.

that's what you get for being part of the tape-op generation i guess.

i actually work better with **** flung all over creation, which is good - because that's how my work area usually is.

my only decor is a soviet flag i bought in Vladimir, and some light japanese woodcarvings and french magazine reproductions of some religious paintings from the 1200s.

and yeah lighting is _huge_ - i dislike overhead lighting a lot. when you've got nice yellowed VU meters all over, you don't want a damn florescent light washing all that out. floor lamps suffice nicely for me.

i hooked um alot of my funitur too i hah=d is old huge office table i cut it up a lil bit to flatten the top nd to make it studio worth nd i made a keyboard stand out of pvc pice for home depot cost me less that $20 i also made 1 for my mpc100

DJ_nutron said:
i hooked um alot of my funitur too i hah=d is old huge office table i cut it up a lil bit to flatten the top nd to make it studio worth nd i made a keyboard stand out of pvc pice for home depot cost me less that $20 i also made 1 for my mpc100
I would love to see a picture of your keyboard stand. I tried to make one out of PVC pipe, but it didn't come out to good.

C-Lovely said:
I would love to see a picture of your keyboard stand. I tried to make one out of PVC pipe, but it didn't come out to good.
there u go srry bout the size my camera phone sux
pic062307_1.jpg

pic062307_2.jpg

noblewordz said:
Thats pretty good.

Tip of the day: For a good cheap MPC stand you could use a snare drum stand.
how much do they cost cuz i spent less than $30 on pvc for both stands nd i still hav like 10ft of pvc left

Back