Start Up Studio For $1000

J

Jbeatz972

Hey i'm tryin to get a production home studio started i was wandering what would you all buy to complete a studio
for Producing Beats and or Recording
like PC, synths, drum machines etc... help me out

also post what u have i have $1000 to start with

hm
with a 1000 bux i would simply upgrade my computer to a good soundcard..actually make that an exellent soundcard..more memory..cpu watever needs upgrading..and id get a midi controler..
there is nothing else u can really do with 1 G

Get this recorder:
http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/prodsearch?form=prodsearch&q=fostex

Get this microphone:
http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--STUC1

Look for a good, used Roland XP50 workstation on Ebay ... should run you no more than about $500.

Or you might alternately look for a used Emu Command Station ... MP7, Xl7 or PX7. Again, shouldn't be more than $400 to $500, and if you're lucky it'll have some additional ROMs included.

Use some inexpensive $20 headphones for monitoring purposes, as well as your stereo receiver. This will get you by until you can spring for some decent studio monitors.

This fits your budget, and is cpaable of producing very good results.

upgrade your pc's soundcard to an emu 1820m ($500), your ram to at least 1 gig (~$100), get a second hard drive (nothing too big, this will be used for your audio - ~$100), download a free multitracker like kristal and get the demo of fruity loops and/or reason, get a decent keyboard/midi controler (~$150). that leaves you with $150 for a mic. if you absolutely cannot go over $1000 right now, wait till you have an extra $100 or so to get a mic in the $200-300 range. something like the rode nt1a, studio projects c1 or the audio-technica at3035.

later on save up to buy either fl or reason, acid/soundforge or cubase or sonar, maybe some soft synths, a better mic pre, an mpc, a better keyboard, etc.

damn..i have to learn to be as specific and as good of a help as u 2 above .. :D:D

Yeah only a $1000 is peanuts to play with when it comes to buying audio gear.

In some cases that wont even pay for a microphone.

Try to throw in another $1000 and then you can get something with bang!

It doesn't make any sense to start recommending all sorts of PC upgrades, if you don't know what the specs of the PC are to begin with.

hollip3020 said:
upgrade your pc's soundcard to an emu 1820m ($500), your ram to at least 1 gig (~$100), get a second hard drive (nothing too big, this will be used for your audio - ~$100), download a free multitracker like kristal and get the demo of fruity loops and/or reason, get a decent keyboard/midi controler (~$150). that leaves you with $150 for a mic. if you absolutely cannot go over $1000 right now, wait till you have an extra $100 or so to get a mic in the $200-300 range. something like the rode nt1a, studio projects c1 or the audio-technica at3035.

later on save up to buy either fl or reason, acid/soundforge or cubase or sonar, maybe some soft synths, a better mic pre, an mpc, a better keyboard, etc.

the 1820m comes with cubase vst 5.1 and wavelab lite . pay the extra $100 bux and get the emulator x studio and ya have a sampler and a good starting library of sounds .

studio projects c1 condenser mic (200)
presonus tube pre(100)
FL Studio 4.0 (150)
M-Audio Radium 61key midi controller(150)
Decent Pair of Headphones(80)
Audobe Audtion aka Cool Edit Pro(100)
w/ the rest you can buy cables, stands, ect.

ull be able to produce all the beats you want and record good quality vocals.

hey that "Fostex MR8 8-Track Digital Recorder with Built-In FX" looks ill. Wish i had the money for it. Might get it one day....

Back