Thread: Sound design - making my bass nicer

Thanks

Question Sound design - making my bass nicer

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey,

I'm facing an issue, it's that when I create a sub bass sound, it's hard to hear it. I don't know how to explain this, but in most songs, the sub bass is very smooth (like a sine), and not too loud, but still really present and hearable.
    Everytime I try to do a sub bass (like in Future Bass or Trap), with a sine, it's juste barely hearable, and if I increase it's volume, it sounds muddy and overtakes other sounds. If I use other wave forms like saw or square, it sounds too harsh.I think it's about harmonics and having, but I don't know how to add some. I tried duplicating the bass line to the upper octave, but I it was too loud again, and didn't sound that much like a bass (it sounded too high).

Do you have some advice?

Thanks
    What is your setup and room like? We need a little more info to help you out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rotgg View Post
    What is your setup and room like? We need a little more info to help you out.
    Well, my setup is really cheap. I produce in my room, which has nothing like acoustic foam. I try to use both of my closed-back (Beats mixr) headphones and my speakers, but they are not studio tools so I think they don't have a flat frequency response (and they already boost bass a little).
    For the DAW, I'm using FL Studio.

Thread Information