Sound Deadening Board

Wacco Stern

Is sound deadening board, (aka hush board) any good for acoustics? I just bought a bunch of it at Home Depot, and the guys there don't know the coefficient of it. Just thought I try it out. Any ideas, what it could be used for? Thanks guys.

Negative sir. Sound deadening board. That link you posted is something else. It's more woody, and actually messy. As soon as I find out who manufactures it I'll post a link.
I guess it's the same stuff used in movie theatres. Not sure if it's gonna do any help as far as acoustics.

Actually,,that link you posted says hush board is 0.1 coefficient. I have this backwards don't I ??? The higher the coefficient, the better? So if something is 0.99, is better than 0.1?

Roger Dodger. And yes that's the same stuff from the link you posted, but different company. You think that'll be any good for anything? You seem to know your stuff.

Certainly useful for early reflections and taming a very live room.

It should be a part of a range of treatments applied to the whole of the room including traps and diffusers.

Remember that there is a fine line between enough and too much treatment, kind of like there is enough and too much sugar or slat or vinegar or whatever you prefer to sue to season your chips.....

good idea - two tasks, one set of materials - building boxes made with this stuff would be a great way to capture low freq material whilst diffusing high freq material well

Hey thanks man. Should they be standing up, or laying down, or up in the ceiling, corners of the walls. However they fit with however many I can make? I use to have two foam traps, but they were in the corners behind me.

Back