sE Electronics Reflexion Filter

K

kilpoetic

I visited guitar center today and found this piece of "equipment"....has anyone heard of someone using something like this? Im basically setting up a project studio in my basement where ill be mixing and recording in the same space....and am trying to decide on whether im going to acoustically treat the room with basstraps,foams,etc....or maybe get one of these. It will be for rap vocals.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/sE-Electronics-Reflexion-Filter?full_sku=270353

i checked those out. i like the quality/sound of it. what mic did you use? and on a side note....im shopping for a condenser to record through a mbox 2 pro interface. budget being 800 and down. any recommendations?

I used a M-audio Lunar and a focusrite trakmaster pro pre amp. you can get both for 500 bucks. The trackmaster is good for pro tools cause it has a latency function that works with pro tools. with 800 you can get all three including the reflexion but you will need a HEAVY mic stand. The Boom stand they recommend in guitar center is like 180 itself but you don't have to worry bout the reflexion tipping over.

Last edited:
i have the reflection filter as well use it for mostly vocals...

right now i'm using the mixer pre amp and i hear the potential...shoppin for a pre amp now!:cheers:

Yeah there's Alot more tracks but they'll be out in due time. Business gotta be handled first. we gonna be doing like 8 more next week or so.

Made my own!!

Yeah, I saw it in GC a few months ago. I'd seen them in pics in studios and on stage...ONce I determined the price, I decided to construct my own. For about $30 (including having to buy a few parts twice due to screw ups) I was up and running. Honestly, I can't believe the difference my homemade one makes in my vocal recordings. It's awesome, so I imagine the store bought one is as good or most likely better!

Funny i was just looking into filter last week heard a lot of good feedback on the item although the price is a little steep i think its gonna be a good addition .. Anymore feedback on those who actually own this would be appreciated

zionproductions said:
Yeah, I saw it in GC a few months ago. I'd seen them in pics in studios and on stage...ONce I determined the price, I decided to construct my own. For about $30 (including having to buy a few parts twice due to screw ups) I was up and running. Honestly, I can't believe the difference my homemade one makes in my vocal recordings. It's awesome, so I imagine the store bought one is as good or most likely better!
More details please.
Pictures and a list of "ingredients" would be much appreciated. :cool:
I just can't see myself spending $300 on a reflexion filter.

I own an SE filter, and it sounds real good. It goes behind my Blue Baby Bottle. I call it my booth in a booth. Cuz, its inside a booth that I couldn't say was the best build.

BUT, it is real heavy and doesnt fit onto my SM7B.

This is the cheapest solution for a booth. IMO

Im recording in a project studio but dont have a secluded booth . Ive treated one wall and am waiting for another box of treatment to arrive in the mail as we speak so im thinking this would work good for my circumstances. Any other suggestions other than this product to help feel free to drop a line. And no offense but im not talking about homemade products. Im looking for clean clear vocals

Hey all,

sorry for delay in posting details, but I don't have a scanner or digital camera. Working on borrowing one to facillitate sharing details for homemade reflection filter. Please be patient with me!!!

Back