Recording Booth Help

MARGYVER

I HAVE A DECENT SIZED CLOSET APPROX.
70"L x 25"W x 91"H

I WAS THINKING OF ONLY USING ONE SIDE OF THIS AS A RECORDING BOOTH TO DO VOCALS. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I COULD DO OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE THIS LET ME KNOW. I HAVE ENOUGH WIRE ON MY MIC TO REACH INSIDE AND STILL HAVE PLENTY OF SLACK. I ALSO HAVE WIRELESS JVC HEADPHONES TO HEAR THE BEAT WHILE IN THERE.

Just remember that isolation booths need to be acoustically appropriate, meaning that they sound be soundproofed with acoustic tiles, also it should not be a square/rectangle box, this will cause the sound to bounce off the flat walls and result in sound phasing or sound cancellation, no hard 90degree angles also you will want to make/buy a way to plug head phones into a wall jack along with your mic cable, these can run to your mixer/recorder this will help running cables...

Good luck
- I hope this helped
(Also please don't shout (type in caps) in your post people on the forum might take offence)

i dont mind if you typ in caps. i hate web trendy stuff like lol brb i cant keep up with all that

Sorry about the CAPS for all those offended. I just didn't take off the lock. 012 thanks for the info I hope I can make a great or at least decent booth. If anyone knows where I can buy them tiles for cheap please direct me to the right place.
And if anyone has any and can trade for my graphic designing skills that would be great news.

Back