production set up

K

kauxion

I been usin fruity loops to make tracks for about a year now,and i want to make some additions to my set-up.I want to be able to use my djx and alesis sr-16 as controllers in fl.export my loops into soundforge for editing and effects.then export them into acid for arranging,and do all my audio in cakewalk home studio.I got a pc with 510 mb of memory and am about to get a 120 gig hard drive.what else do i need for what i'm trying to accomplish?all help appreciated.

A midi interface,

plug said items into midi interface and control away.

and how would i get my drum samples to correspond with the pads on the sr-16?

kauxion said:
and how would i get my drum samples to correspond with the pads on the sr-16?

If I'm not mistaken the Alesis Sr-16 has a midi out (correct me if I'm wrong.) If it does, then just like with the DJX, just go midi out from the sr-16 to the midi in on your sound card on your computer.

If you want the DJX and the sr-16 hooked up to midi at the same time without having to unplug one to plug in the other, I believe there’re midi interfaces that let's you accomplish this.

So basically if you have the software you mentioned, it just looks like you need a midi interface.

If worst comes to worst, use the DJX for midi and use a software drum machine and use your key boards as the pads (better option in my opinion."

would i need a mixer?I plan on getting a micro korg soon.

kauxion said:
would i need a mixer?I plan on getting a micro korg soon.

It depends on how may outputs you have. that will determine if you should use a mixer.

Unless you have a soundcard with a bunch of ins, plug all your gear into those and use direct monitoring.

Back