Pro tools sessions freezing up

D

D.J. Benephit

Yo, I'm looking for anyone who is experienced in pro tools that may be able to lend me some assistance. I just recently bought pro tools and installed it on my PowerMac G4 (API) GRAPHICS Model. My session keeps freezing up before I can start recording. Is that a memory problem or hard drive, please assist from anyone who is a pro tools pro. Holla back.

What do you mean exactly "before you record?". Do you open the app and all is fine until you hit the record button?

It could be a hardware configuration that is miscomunicating with PT.

Does this happen with any other prog?

WHAT'S UP CU? I AM SO SUBTLY FRUSTRATED WITH ATTEMPING TO GO ALL DIGITAL/MIDI...THAT IT'S ABOUT TO DRIVE ME SOMEWHAT CRAZY! I'M A VERY PATIENT PERSON, BUT DAMN...BEING A NEWBIE AT THIS IS SOMETHING SERIOUS. MY PT LOCKS UP WHEN I START A NEW TRACK, BUT THIS CAT TOLD ME I NEEDED AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE.

i had the same problem but for real i cant remember what the exact problem was. i fixed it by visiting the digidesign website though they got the answer there. is it 6.4? my problem happened as soon as i upgraded to 6.4

Or, bette yet, talk to the guy you bought it from. If he can't tell you what's going on, then why did you give him your money?

-Hoax

What version of MacOS, and what version of ProTools? What Digi hardware?

WHAT UP FP...BIG UP? YO, LIL SLIP...I'M RUNNING THE POWERMAC G4 AGP MODEL AND THE OSX 10.3.4. I HAD THE OSX 10.3.5 OR 6 WHICH EVER AND I WENT TO THE DIGI SITE AND THEY SAID THAT PT WASN'T COMPATIBLE WITH THOSE OPERATING SYSTEMS AT THE MOMENT...WHAT EVER THAT MEANT. BUT, THIS CAT AT A PRO TOOLS STORE TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE OR A SECOND INTERNAL TO RUN PT SEPARATELY FROM THE MAIN HARD DRIVE, SO I'M IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING ANOTHER HARD DRIVE. MORPH EVERYTIME I BUY A PIECE OF HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE...GOT DAMN, I STILL GOT TO GET SOMETHING ELSE. YO, I'M FOREVER SPENDING MONEY TRYING TO GET THIS STUDIO UP AND RUNNING FLAWLESSLY. GOOD LOOKING OUT ALL THE FPER'S THAT ASSISTED. CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP. HOLLA BACK.

Which Protools system do you have? How much Ram? A second hard drive may be the problem, disable screen saver or any other programs that run in the back that are possible.
If I can remember correct the 001 has software support up to 6.4.

Back