Post pictures of your studio!

• Thread starter josheldominicano
  • Start date
20150103_131455.jpg
Went a little Holiday savings crazy
New PC 24GB Ram With I7 4790k 250gb SSD
Took the plunge on the new Maschine Studio And The Komplete control
Then Bought A new VOX AC30

Damn. You loaded up the joint ! I'm going to check out your link to hear the before, and I hope we get even more heat with the new gear !

yea man been planning this upgrade for months. came a long way from making beats on my tablet a year ago. just got it all up and running.

New room

Taken a couple months but I'm in!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 313
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 363
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 263
You guys have some sick setups! I literally have just a desktop and headphones... I feel like such a bum haha.

If you don't mind me asking.. What's the reason for you having so many controllers?

Those to the right are electronic piano so i dont use them for music production , just to mess around but those on the table all have their own fonction , the alesis qx49 is my main keyboard for melody , i use the faders/knobs for effect , level adjustment ect . The akai mpk mini is mainly for when i travel but the pads also feel really good and use the keys when i want to hit a lower or higher octave since i only have 49 keys on the alesis , also i use the build in appergiator sometime . I use the akai mpd 18 for drums and sample beat .

Last edited:
UPDATE!
Using the studio for livestreaming as well now, well, my daughter is mainly doing her twitch thing.
Just built a new comp for some video editing and livestreaming tasks.
There is a green screen that goes up as well when livestreaming.

The computer has to run Open Broadcast Software and Elgato HD60 Game capture
software at the same time.
Here are some pics. More photos coming.
That is not where the computer will stay, still running tests, and overclocking.
Monitors are pulled forward and have a location on the floor if mixing/mastering.
I have a whole back wall with other monitoring setup as well.

New comp specs below photos!

I will be doing a full photo shoot soon, as well as all the pics of the build, when I get some time.
Here are some quick shots...
The computer will not be on that glass table, it will be going under the desk on its platform.
I have some rubber feet that its stock feet will be sitting on, bringing the bottom up 2 inches more in height.
The Dell Inspiron music production computer(Dell - Inspiron Desktop with Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600-8GB RAM) is on the left, under the desk, peeking out under the chair. Audio interface I use is the Emu 1820M(discontinued).
This is a finished basement. 25'x13'x8'. Acoustically tuned and treated by me using acoustic measurement equipment
that I have. Setup for mixing/mastering audio, and vocal recording can be done anywhere, but I have a place for that as well.

Floor to ceiling corner bass traps with 32" face, wall and ceiling panels, front wall custom built @ 9" thick.
Will be attaching some lighting on the sides of the custom built front wall, for camera lighting.
There is a Logitech C920 HD camera on the center monitor.
Additional lighting is used on tripods to light green screen.
I have other mics and stands as well.
Mic arm attached to desk: RODE PSA1 Swivel Mount Studio Microphone Boom Arm
Custom painted shockmount.

kdl4k9.jpg

66c1t0.jpg

o72afs.jpg

16jqayr.jpg

r8e7tk.jpg

My Comp Build PC Parts Picker: (not the prices I paid, or where I purchased)
Intel Core i7-4790K, MSI GeForce GTX 970, NZXT Phantom 530 (Red) - System Build - PCPartPicker

Additional:
2) Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 - Sleeve Bearing 200mm Red LED Silent Fan
One up front, and One up top.
COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AR-GP Case Fan - Newegg.com
COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AR-GP Case Fan - Newegg.com

2) 120mm for bottom(using red rings of course)
Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition CO-9050006-WW
120mm Twin Pack High Static Pressure Case Fan
Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition CO-9050006-WW 120mm Twin Pack High Static Pressure Case Fan - Newegg.com

1) 140mm for side panel
Corsair Air Series AF140 CO-9050017-RLED 140mm Red LED
Quiet Edition High Airflow Fan
Corsair Air Series AF140 CO-9050017-RLED 140mm Red LED Quiet Edition High Airflow Fan - Newegg.com

Last edited:
Studio build in progress.

So Im in the process of building my studio. I have 2 large rooms, one is the live / guitar room, the other is the control room. Off of the control room there is a hallway with 2 smaller rooms, one will be a drum room, the other will be another recording room without sound proofing to utilize the natural reverb of the room. There is also a closet which will be a vocal booth. Currently for equipment i have:
A Dell PC w/8GB ram
tascam us-1800
fostex studio monitors
alesis v49 midi keyboard
Reason 8, cubase 5, and abelton live
Misc. mics, headphones, amps, and stands
I have already ordered and am waiting on:
NI Maschine mk2
stanton line level turntable
allen and heath GL2400 live mixer
Peavey 32FX usb mixer
and KRK Rokit 5s

Screen shot 2015-02-12 at 4.13.29 PM.pngScreen shot 2015-02-22 at 1.23.23 PM.png
the first pic is what i used to have.. or still have actually, just in storage, far, far away
the second pic is what i have been making everything, including the tracks on my soundcloud, with. no desk either :(

Damn. You loaded up the joint ! I'm going to check out your link to hear the before, and I hope we get even more heat with the new gear !

man this up date has made my work that much better. i havent felt i needed anything since this update to my studo

Last edited:
Back