Post pictures of your studio!

• Thread starter josheldominicano
  • Start date
well i dont have any type of studio but i work in a studio.. and if i post the pic of studio then surely my owner of studio will surely kill me or fire me..sorry for that

@Rapt0r - sweet set up. What DAW you using?

@AfroThunder - Sweet, update on it when you get into it a bit more. I haven't heard many real person reviews on them...

Definitely post your thoughts on it after you have had a chance to put it through its paces. Like others I have been waiting on someone non-Akai affiliated to give their opinion.

Definitely post your thoughts on it after you have had a chance to put it through its paces. Like others I have been waiting on someone non-Akai affiliated to give their opinion.
look around the net I have seen a ton from non fan bois who have both the Ren and Maschine and maybe a hardware mpc as well. The general idea I get is its like all of the other mpcs combined but running your computer. It requires a ton of mouse use so its not the same in the sense like Maschine where is really like a hardware stand alone device. I expect Akai to update that soon but other than that as far as the traditional mpc features those are apparently all in the software its just when handling plug ins that you have to use the mouse more than most probably want to. But again this is word of mouth i saw one at my local GC yesterday but they still had it boxed up for some reason. I want to get my hands on one even though I have on real interest in buying one.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Yeah, I haven't heard anything outside of official endorsers of the new MPCs.
YouTube my friend. They are all over YouTube I have seen the workflow all kinds of reviews and all kinds of other goodies because of it. YouTube is the future

I had a chance to play with one that was on display. It was nice. The whole mouse thing isn't a big deal to me because I came from a hardware background so being able to grab my mouse and edit something was cool and quicker to me when I moved from sequencing in my MPC to sequencing in software. But I can understand someone that has been using FLStudio without a midi controllers frustration.

Currently I am on buyer's restriction for the remainder of 2012. Not buying anything unless it's absolutely necessary (something breaks or gets stolen - knock on wood, lol). I am waiting to see how the Push holds up. Even though Live is one of the easiest DAWs out there to map I think the Push was a great idea.

For shits and giggle I would like to see a comparison between Maschine and MPC Studio (comparing to a Ren is not fair due to cost, size and built-in soundcard).

Last edited:
I had a chance to play with one that was on display. It was nice. The whole mouse thing isn't a big deal to me because I came from a hardware background so being able to grab my mouse and edit something was cool and quicker to me when I moved from sequencing in my MPC to sequencing in software. But I can understand someone that has been using FLStudio without a midi controllers frustration.

Currently I am on buyer's restriction for the remainder of 2012. Not buying anything unless it's absolutely necessary (something breaks or gets stolen - knock on wood, lol). I am waiting to see how the Push holds up. Even though Live is one of the easiest DAWs out there to map I think the Push was a great idea.

For shits and giggle I would like to see a comparison between Maschine and MPC Studio (comparing to a Ren is not fair due to cost, size and built-in soundcard).

I have to agree with the buyer's restriction. I am always tempted to get new gear but all you end up doing is buying duplicate gear....stuff that does the same thing as what you already have. Then we end up spending a whole lot of time learning the gear and very little time perfecting our craft. I am a victim of this as many are but we don't really need a new keyboard every year:p

I saw a cat on youtube that does sampling beats and dude had like 4 mpc's, mv 8000, mv 8800, and had got a MPR Ren also. I didn't see the need for that many drum sampling machines when sampling. Aside from portability, why would you need a MPC 1000 and 2500 when they do the same thing aside from a few extra perks on the 2500 that can be unlocked via using the JJ OS on the 1000.

LoL. Trust it's hard. I'm a hardware junkie so I have been checking out some of the new Dave Smith stuff but really doubt I will bite any time soon.

I know a couple guys like that that have multiple MPC's. I can see the point in having one of all the different generations for collectors sake (and even sonically wise with the older ones) but having a 2500 and a 1000 is overdoing it.

Back