Post pictures of your studio!

• Thread starter josheldominicano
  • Start date
MASSIVE Mastering said:
.38 away from the short walls -

If you have a room that's (for ease of measurment) 13x20, you're going to set up on the short side (13') and go down the long side (20').

The area of most "crap" - Null points, bad reflections - generally the worst possible place to be in the room is at the .5 spot - 10' from either wall.

The BEST spot in the room is going to be at .38 from either wall - 7.4 feet in. That will be the spot with the *least* amount of "crap" in the air. The lowest number of bad reflections, dips, null points, peaks, etc.

This is where bass trapping "in bulk" comes in handy - Especially on the rear wall - If you can fool the room into thinking that wall isn't really there (complete broadband absorption) your "sweet spot" will widend and lengthen considerably - In this room (where over 60% of the rear wall, plus the corners, are covered with broadband absorptive materials) there is little discernable difference between the "sweet" spot and the "sh*t" spot. In my old space (with much less bass trapping) the difference between the desk rail and the base of the chair was absolutely huge.

This is also one of the reasons why closets fail as vocal booths... :D In a space where 4' is the long measurement, you're looking at having the mic in the sweet spot and the singer's mouth in the crap spot. Two inches makes a *huge* difference - and the problematic frequencies are mugh higher, with shorter wavelengths - where again, only an inch or two can mean the difference between "acceptable" and "complete garbage."
Massive I got a question for ya. You said that your setup should be on the short wall, but my problem is that there's a big window on my short wall, and on the rear is the door with a window in it. So, I put my setup on the lomg wall, but should I go ahead and put it on the short wall anyway?

Caponegville said:
Oh ok I get the drift now, being that I have recently moved into a house I setup in a bedroom thats only 12X11 so i have my current setup kinda in the middle and a little away from the wall in front of me, so isnt in the corner anymore like my old apt, but now that I play my mixes back they have dramaticly decreased in the low end spectrum, not sure if this would mean my setup is now acceptable, is that what Im looking to achieve? lol sorry for the 50 Q, I will head to the bookstore next week and read up but I always appriciate others input......
Using those measurements, you should set up on the 11' wall and your head should be 4.5' from the wall.

That's not a lot of space - But if you have the room, it could be 4.5' away from the *rear* wall also.

If you're losing a lot of low end, try moving back 2 feet... It's probably all there. If you're in the dead center of the room (there's a reason why it's called "dead" center) and you don't have a fairly serious amount of bass trapping, it isn't going to fly.

C-Lovely said:
Massive I got a question for ya. You said that your setup should be on the short wall, but my problem is that there's a big window on my short wall, and on the rear is the door with a window in it. So, I put my setup on the lomg wall, but should I go ahead and put it on the short wall anyway?

I would - The window and door will allow more low end to pass through than the walls also. Less buildup that way. Not a crapload less, but enough. Plus, the difference will be pretty substantial going down the long way in the first place.

here we go, there it is, There's not much here, I need to upgrade my monitors as well :(

Things u dun see:
Behringer B2 Pro Mic
JB Systems (forgot the model. I think it was T2) Turntable
Behringer DX052 DJ mixer (cheap cheap cheap)
M audio audiophile 24/96 sound card..
and ma big ass leather chair (= (=
that's about it, the rest is in the pics... what do u guys think I need here? :)
(for recordin (for rap) *and* for beats..)

Last edited:
1200Watts Power by a 200W Stereo and 1000W HomeTheater
Is not really a studio lol

1zp32hs.gif
1zp2znk.gif

Last edited:
Heres what you do when you have limited space! I dont know about you guys but here in texas, in some nice apartments, they have a small area where there is a desk built into the wall. It looks like it would be a closet but they just took the doors off and put a shelf about waist high. So thats our desk until we can get a real one. Anyway, Heres the pics!

View attachment 559
Roland XP 50
MPC 1000
Alesis Amp
KRK Studio Monitors

View attachment 560
Excuse the wires...lol

View attachment 561
Tha booth(check the website below to peep our mixes)

View attachment 562
Good ole Cubase(upgrading to protools pretty soon)

hy guys!

this is studio setup from me and my partner !!
studio 1
studio2

check it out...:hello:

i forgot to take a picture of gear behind:confused:

I like that desk. I like the look and can almost feel what it's like to sit in a room with that type of lighting. I can most def zone out in an atmosphere like that.

I like that desk. The atmosphere is cool too

Last edited:
loh90 said:
here's my 'studio' if you wanna call it that. lets just say a setup, im only 15 so money is a big obstacle so i aint got that much, but regardless we still make that fire.

Left Angle w/ my 3 new boxes of vinyls
studio_angelleft.jpg

Right Angle 1
studio_angelright.jpg

Right Angle 2
studio_angelright1.jpg

Front View
studio_front.jpg

Side view of the vinyls mpc and turntable
studio_vinyl+mpc+turntable.jpg

man, that is still a fresh studio for a 15 year old. i didn't have all that when i was fifteen. keep it up!

heres my setup so far. i just made a small base for my mpc 1000. so i dont have to hunch over and get a sore back.

bright123 said:
Funny, I guess every producer in the game is overkill, huh? and dont be mad your looking at $7,000 worth of equipment when your probably using fruity loops. MPC master sequencer and sampler, Fantom is the synth. gonna get a motif rack soon... And at the end of the day it doesnt matter dogg, cuz I guarentee my beats are hotter then yours...

That s**t was cold blooded!!!!!

Back