Playing guitar loud in a flat

Everythiing

Hi guys,

What options do I have when I want to play my guitar loudly but live in a flat,so I have neighbours.What can I do?
I could not cover all the walls because I have a window, and I do not want the sound the be projected on the street either.

- you could talk to the nearest neighbours an arrange times when its ok for them
- rent (or co-rent) a music room
- headphones (...)

or just play LOUD and see what happens :)

A small amp with modelling and an emulateded output.
I have a BlackStar ID-core I'm not in a flat but it is a smallish semidetached house and as well as my own kids my neighbours also have kids.
The emulated headphone out is not too bad for recording and the amp sounds reasonable at lower levels but still has a fair amount of oomph for its size.
The 2 speakers are full range and it's Bluetooth as well - I use it as my HiFi, practice amp and studio monitor when I can get into my lab at night.
One of the best pieces of gear I've bought in a couple years tbf.

What you want to do is crank that shit up so loud that your neighbors can't tell where it's coming from then start complaining to them about the idiot making all that noise at 3 am.

There are also various attenuators/load boxes that can be used to get that cranked sound without the volume. The extreme solution is to get an isolation cabinet that you put your amp into, but good ones tend to be pretty pricey.

Back