Ordered KRK's RP5's | is this interface good enough ?

RealAshone

I'm on a budget so i ordered my monitors along with 3mm jack to RCA cables just so that i can use them for listening music and stuff for the time being until i can afford a audio interface this is the one i have in mind, i don't use any insturments or microphones that i would need to input currently so would be using it purely for the volume knob and to hook the krks to my pc that way

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-...id=1488735937&sr=1-4&keywords=audio+interface

I'm working with a £30 ish budget

I'm afraid that what ppl are trying to tell you is that the rokits aren't that great. There would've been better combinations of monitor speakers and AI for your budget out there. Use the search function on the forum to see what combinations.
Can't really advise you on an AI for that price range. Except, go buy second hand. Returning the rokits an option?

Last edited:
I'm afraid that what ppl are trying to tell you is that the rokits aren't that great. There would've been better combinations of monitor speakers and AI for your budget out there. Use the search function on the forum to see what combinations.
Well in all fairness i didn't ask about what other monitors there are or if the rokit rp5's were good i got my rokits because one of my relatives has the same speakers and i liked the sound of them, I've not heard any other monitors either, but i hear what you're saying :)

You might as well put aside the 30 bucks, use your onboard soundcard and save up until you have money to buy the scarlet. The solo is about a 100 bucks. Or , as I said, buy second hand.
Returning the rokits, getting yourself the scarlet and the mackie cr range would also fall in your budget. All kinds of options.

You might as well put aside the 30 bucks, use your onboard soundcard and save up until you have money to buy the scarlet. The solo is about a 100 bucks. Or , as I said, buy second hand.
Returning the rokits, getting yourself the scarlet and the mackie cr range would also fall in your budget. All kinds of options.
I'm going to keep the rokits, and probably just save for the Scarlett 2i2, So i can use balanced TRS outputs. For the time being using my onboard sound card will suffice, i was using a pair of £60 gaming heaphones previously so it's an improvement there in itself

Behringer used to have a bad rep, and for a reason - but people still tend to recitate the "oooh don't buy Behringer" incantation even though their current stuff is light years away from where that bad rep originates, which was somewhere in the turn of the millenium. Has anyone actually used this thing? I'm not saying the advice above isn't good, but I'm also thinking that this unit might just be perfectly ok for listening purposes. That said, it's still a cheapo unit and might prove to be troublesome in other ways (read: crappy drivers, high latency) – but DAC chips on this level aren't expensive, and the tech level of Scarlett is probably well replicable at a cheaper price point. So: not saying it's a great interface, but wouldn't just outright dismiss it either (unless there's first hand experience that it sucks) "because it's Behringer".

Back