Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered KRK's RP5's | is this interface good enough ?

Thanks

Ordered KRK's RP5's | is this interface good enough ?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I'm on a budget so i ordered my monitors along with 3mm jack to RCA cables just so that i can use them for listening music and stuff for the time being until i can afford a audio interface this is the one i have in mind, i don't use any insturments or microphones that i would need to input currently so would be using it purely for the volume knob and to hook the krks to my pc that way

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-U...udio+interface

I'm working with a 30 ish budget

Thanks
    You should have researched prior to buying.
    "Rap is only one end of a whole spectrum of verbal play and virtuosity. Rap is geared for aural pleasure." Rita Dove

"Talent is pursued interest." Bob Ross

Thanks
    great news

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by U&I Records View Post
    great news
    Being sarcastic?

Thanks
    I'm afraid that what ppl are trying to tell you is that the rokits aren't that great. There would've been better combinations of monitor speakers and AI for your budget out there. Use the search function on the forum to see what combinations.
    Can't really advise you on an AI for that price range. Except, go buy second hand. Returning the rokits an option?
    Last edited by B Side Producer; 03-08-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by B Side Producer View Post
    I'm afraid that what ppl are trying to tell you is that the rokits aren't that great. There would've been better combinations of monitor speakers and AI for your budget out there. Use the search function on the forum to see what combinations.
    Well in all fairness i didn't ask about what other monitors there are or if the rokit rp5's were good i got my rokits because one of my relatives has the same speakers and i liked the sound of them, I've not heard any other monitors either, but i hear what you're saying

Thanks
    mac or PC?

edit: nevermind, just saw your wopping $30 budget.
    Last edited by alienaircraftmusic; 03-08-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alienaircraftmusic View Post
    mac or PC?
    PC mate, at the moment for the time being until i can afford the focusrite scarlett 2i2 i'm using rca cables, i know it's not recommended but it's better than what i was using previously

Thanks
    You might as well put aside the 30 bucks, use your onboard soundcard and save up until you have money to buy the scarlet. The solo is about a 100 bucks. Or , as I said, buy second hand.
    Returning the rokits, getting yourself the scarlet and the mackie cr range would also fall in your budget. All kinds of options.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by B Side Producer View Post
    You might as well put aside the 30 bucks, use your onboard soundcard and save up until you have money to buy the scarlet. The solo is about a 100 bucks. Or , as I said, buy second hand.
    Returning the rokits, getting yourself the scarlet and the mackie cr range would also fall in your budget. All kinds of options.
    I'm going to keep the rokits, and probably just save for the Scarlett 2i2, So i can use balanced TRS outputs. For the time being using my onboard sound card will suffice, i was using a pair of 60 gaming heaphones previously so it's an improvement there in itself

Thread Information