odd shaped vocal booth

hollip3020

Da Whack-Master!
i have a closet in my room that is situated under stairs. the ceiling is slanted and eventually meets the ground. i wanted to use it as a vocal booth would the slant of the ceiling make it not suitable for such an application? if so what would i need to do to remedy the problem?

i would slap some foam in the inner area even the ridges in the stairs - thats all you need to deading your sound make sure you throw some foam on your door too- and you would be fine

it would look unique aswell

hollip3020, you cant have much room for that booth with that room can you? i mean, i have an area like that in my house, but i can barely stand up or move around in it.

this is what it looks like
understairs.gif
also im not very tall, but my brother who is 6'2" can stand up in it, barely, but he can. its probably about 6'6" at it's highest point and its perfectly situated in the back of my room and right now its only being used for storage. oh and there's a foam mattress egg carton thing in there too! i was planning on puting it on the ceiling and finding (or buying) something to go on the door.

Last edited:
that'll be perfect as a vocal booth as long as you stuff it out with acoustic foam. Remember: parallel walls are the worst, so having a slanted ceiling is actually a good thing!

do you think 3 of those squares would be enough? 1 for the door and 2 for the ceiling? cause thats all i can really afford. and at this point its either the foam or an sm57. decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
Back