New and Improved Dungeon Lab

Cameron Thomas

Went from this...

l_46044a69ae03da03bff1544e2115521f.jpg

To this...

l_dd883d77b724c52a3e9646ac17786625.jpg

GRITTY

I actually like this better. I got tired of sitting at a desk. Now I can stand up while I work. I'm more inspired in this environement. Hey massive wanna help me diagnose the problem areas...lol J/K I won't be doing much mixing here.

BTW - Milk crates are the most versatile studio furniture ever!!! =P

That's funny. Most people would see the exact reverse as an improvement :). That's cool, whatever works for you!

BTW: won't the crates be unstable if the speakers get to bumping?

lmfao. that looks uncomfortable. i wish i had more room to set up my studio. the monitors r in a ****ed up setup.

edit: lol it is true. to some it would be the opposite.

Last edited:
Mr. Thomas u are a very strange man, can i buy your old desk? oh yea and the chair, ill trade u some more milk crates

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I just got sick of the super clean everything set up perfect environment. It made me bored. The crates seem to work good so far. I've had the speakers up as loud as I would use them and no movement. I'll probably do some modifications to them. Maybe add a layer of foam to the top and glue them together...lol I could probably build some decent short monitor stands but if the crates work out I'm gonna keep em because I like the way they look...lol

ALIASTrP said:
Mr. Thomas u are a very strange man, can i buy your old desk? oh yea and the chair, ill trade u some more milk crates

Yeah I'd sell ya the desk but It's probably not too cheap to ship it to NC. Still using the chair upstairs for the home computer.

The monitors are actually setup pretty well. It's hard to judge but I'll be standing most of the time and they are positioned perfectly.

There's actually a ton of room in this basement. I just have most of my sh*t consolidated to one area.

BTW - Yeah I'm a little eccentric...lol This is just a creative environment though. I'll take my sh*t to another studio to mix it.

Last edited:
sleepy said:
Better than Massive's setup by a mile.

j/p

You know it is....lol Massive's setup is too pretty. I'm under the impression most of FP thinks I'm crazy by now. None of you guys get sick of sitting at a desk? The old setup had me feeling like I was at work. I'd sit at that desk and feel uninspired. The way I have sh*t setup now makes me feel like a kid again. Just trying to have fun making music again.

BTW - People can laugh but I'm using the same equipment just in a different environment and I had no problem creating quality music with what I have. No doubt better than a lot of cats who would scoff at a simplistic environment like this. MILK CRATES B*TCH!!!

Last edited:
Cameron Thomas said:
Went from this...

l_46044a69ae03da03bff1544e2115521f.jpg

To this...

l_dd883d77b724c52a3e9646ac17786625.jpg

GRITTY

I actually like this better. I got tired of sitting at a desk. Now I can stand up while I work. I'm more inspired in this environement. Hey massive wanna help me diagnose the problem areas...lol J/K I won't be doing much mixing here.

BTW - Milk crates are the most versatile studio furniture ever!!! =P
Well, see - The big problem is that you're only about two-feet tall. And with that tiny head, the imaging is going to be a little awkward. You'll probably feel the need to extend ORTF pairs a little more than usual. Don't - It's not the mics, it's just the size of your head.

every studio i see is like a monster.. some have large eyes as monitors, and long gaping teeth as midi controllers. your setup looks better in #2to me, so when you make music you can just stand there and it talks to you. symmetrical with character. I used milk crates as my keyboard stand for while, threw some tape over my keyboard and put my mouse there.

MASSIVE Mastering said:
Well, see - The big problem is that you're only about two-feet tall. And with that tiny head, the imaging is going to be a little awkward. You'll probably feel the need to extend ORTF pairs a little more than usual. Don't - It's not the mics, it's just the size of your head.

Yeah being 2 feet tall definitely has it's disadvantages but I can always get more MILK CRATES to stand on. Also being that I just turned 2 yrs old I don't seem to get the kind of respect I deserve in the music industry...lol

Sirflex10 said:
Is that you in the chair?..lol

Yeah man. By the time I'm 5 I'll be givin' Dre a run for his money...lol

noblewordz said:
Some egg cartons for the wall would set it off.

I dunno egg cartons may be a little too highclass for the dungeon =)

Last edited:
u should add a lava lamp or a black light and it would be offical, i gotta black light in my dungeon/bedroom lol

ALIASTrP said:
u should add a lava lamp or a black light and it would be offical, i gotta black light in my dungeon/bedroom lol

You know it. Already got some string lights up that I found in the basement. I have some other crazy lightning type light that I'm gonna put down there. Maybe a strobe. I told my girl I'm getting lazers but that's too much for the dungeon.

Back