Need help treating my room

dcb83

Hi guys, I'm a turbo newbie when it comes to acoustics...
So as I illustrated in the picture, this room is 10x11, 8' height
It'll be used for monitoring and some recording.

What I have on hand right now are
2 x 2'' x 24 x 24'' panels
5 x 2'' x 24 x 48'' panels
2 x 4'' x 24 x 48'' panel bass traps

I was thinking of placing my desk facing the window and putting up thick curtains over the window. What I like about positioning my myself facing the left wall is the diffusion I'll be getting from the book shelf right behind me. The book shelf can be moved around or even taken out.

Should I place a large rug covering most of the floor?
What should I do about that entrance where the door is?
Can I use my bass traps as a cloud, and treat the corners with foam?

Any help would be so appreciated.

Attachments

• room_plan.jpg
    room_plan.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 69
Hi guys, I'm a turbo newbie when it comes to acoustics...
So as I illustrated in the picture, this room is 10x11, 8' height
It'll be used for monitoring and some recording.

What I have on hand right now are
2 x 2'' x 24 x 24'' panels
5 x 2'' x 24 x 48'' panels
2 x 4'' x 24 x 48'' panel bass traps

I was thinking of placing my desk facing the window and putting up thick curtains over the window. What I like about positioning my myself facing the left wall is the diffusion I'll be getting from the book shelf right behind me. The book shelf can be moved around or even taken out.

Should I place a large rug covering most of the floor?
What should I do about that entrance where the door is?

Can I use my bass traps as a cloud, and treat the corners with foam?

Any help would be so appreciated.

I would face the window I think it is going to work the best for you in this room. What type of bass traps do you have? What are they made of; test results etc.
For the corners you are going to need something very deep and ideally something that absorbs well done to at least 60hz

I would face the window I think it is going to work the best for you in this room. What type of bass traps do you have? What are they made of; test results etc.
For the corners you are going to need something very deep and ideally something that absorbs well done to at least 60hz

Yeah I already set myself facing the window. My 2" panels will be placed on my right and left first reflections and other parts of the room. My 2 2x4' panels will be used as a cloud. So 4x4 with a 4" gap. For the front corners and back left corner I'd like to make superchunk traps floor to ceiling with roxul. My issue is the doorway... Not sure what to do.. Was thinking of making two more traps on wheels?

Yeah I already set myself facing the window. My 2" panels will be placed on my right and left first reflections and other parts of the room. My 2 2x4' panels will be used as a cloud. So 4x4 with a 4" gap. For the front corners and back left corner I'd like to make superchunk traps floor to ceiling with roxul. My issue is the doorway... Not sure what to do.. Was thinking of making two more traps on wheels?

The doorway may not actually be an issue because a lot of low frequencies will pass through it. I would have thick trapping on the wall at the back next today and maybe one panel on the door itself. I would put everything else in place and then do more testing before looking at anything like a gobo on wheels

I built two stacked roxul traps on the front corners floor to ceiling and plan on building a third on the back left corner. I noticed before putting them up that there was quite a lot of bass built up in the doorway when the door is closed. Now with the two traps up the bass in there is intense.
How do I fix this issue? I don't really feel like building two extra traps just for the doorway.

Back