Need advice on new mixer for setup.

AndyL

Current Setup:
68ae0921.jpg

My current set up consists of a PC with a Delta 410 PCI card running to a UB802 mixer. It has 2 mono ins, 2 stereo ins, 1 tape in, 1 tape out, 2 stereo outs and a phones out. This was a cheap mixer that I bought to run my monitors with my Delta 410. Works great for that.

I now want to send audio IN to the PC. Using the mixer for monitoring requires I get a 2nd mixer. I want to spend about $100-$200, maybe $300.

Also. Does anyone know how to get the Delta 410 configured to accept audio in from the inputs? I go into the internal mixer and patch bays but can't get audio to be recorded in. Any help would be great.

You can do it all one one mixer.

Just get a mixer with plenty of busses and put your monitors on the control room outputs. Then put the inputs of the 410 onto the extra busses and the outputs into the mixer normally.

Hello,

There is a lot of unanswered questions. What recording software are you using?

From the looks of that pic you need some sort of mixer and MIDI controller, like the Midex 8.

>_>

Those are midi controllers. Radium 61 and MicroKontrol. And I have a mixer.

I need to know what NEW mixer I need. 2 mixers in total. Sound Forge for recording.

And does anyone know how to configure the Delta 410 to record in.

That mixer wont do it, anything with alt 3-4 and 5-6 busses will be simple to do it on but I have configured budget studios on 4 bus mixers for that setup.

Both those are 4 bus, I'd say look for a small 6 to 8 bus mixer.

Back