Need advice about how to make my massy room acoustin

roeibi

well, i have a small room, its not the ideal studio but this is what i got.
i need help with what type of acoustics do i need and where to locate it
can anyone give me some advices please?

picture of my room
Untitled-1.jpg

well, i have a small room, its not the ideal studio but this is what i got.
i need help with what type of acoustics do i need and where to locate it
can anyone give me some advices please?

picture of my room
View attachment 43007

I would start with some acoustic primers like this - Room Acoustics Primer - GIK Acoustics
It gives you a good breakdown of the basics and will help what I explain next a bit more as well . This video is also a helpful start - The Basics of Room Acoustics: Bass Traps, Diffusion, Panels - GIK Acoustics

but in basic terms -

a) I would make sure you have your monitors in the correct place, try moving them forward towards the window and seeing how the response changes
B) First reflection points - Cover the first reflection points (including the ceiling) with acosutic panels
c) Back wall - Thick traps and plenty of them would be best on the back wall
d) Corners - Try and fill as many of the corners floor to ceiling with bass traps as you can.
e) Side walls - 4inch panels on here to stop echo as needed

d) Corners - Try and fill as many of the corners floor to ceiling with bass traps as you can.

Awesome tip sheggs!
Bass trapping is so important!!

What I would suggest is playing a filtered pink noise sweep while walking around the room. Pink noise has energy at all frequencies so it can excite all the modes in your room. Play the noise in your room and start walking around, sticking your head into all the corners and listening to find where bass energy is accumulating most. Then place bass traps in the corners that have the most bass buildup.

Trust your ears and your guts!

Back