My speakers keep chrunching

dominic94

I am having one issue since the day I bought my monitor speakers. At first I didnt cared much about it. When someone is turning on and off lights of the room my monitor speakers are making some quick chrunchy noises. When I turn on and off lights in my room while speakers are on, these noises are the loudest. When someone is turning on/off lights in other rooms of my apartment noises are quieter. But the thing is that I always hear those chrunching noises through my monitor speakers while somebody is turning on and off lights. So basically when I am turned on my speakers I cry everytime when someone is turning on/off the lights, because I feel that my babies are crying. I do not even know how can I fix this issue, it is painful and annoying.
THanks ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Do i need a power conditioner only for my monitor speakers, or I need it for my computer too ? Because audio interface is connected to computer.

Last edited:
that's a call I can't make directly, but it is always better to err on the side of caution than not - yes do it to be safe

Also i figured out that i got no ground connection. Does power conditioner would still help me if i dont have a ground connection ?

why do you say you have no ground connection?

if it is because you are using ungrounded sockets then I suggest that you seriously revisit your electrics with whoever owns the place you are living in - modern code requires that sockets are grounded for safety reasons

Some sockets in my apartment are grounded some are ungrounded, but the house where I live is pretty old and I think we got no ground connection out there lol : D

if you have no ground connection then the house may be in violation of modern fire codes as well as electrical codes. Talk to the owner/agent and see what they can do for you

Back