My new studio (pics inside!)

JethroH

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share my latest home studio set-up. It was made on a tight budget and there are many components that I would love to upgrade if the chance comes along.
The previous set-up was plagued with issues such as wire nests, cables not reaching, bad connections, no space etc... so when I moved house the decision was made to design a creative space that is dedicated to music production.

I desperately need to upgrade my computer to something that can handle the sound, any suggestions will be welcome...

1.jpg

Speakers need upgrading but they provide surprisingly high fidelity for what they are. My room is not sound treated unfortunately. Piano is a Yamaha Arius, Guitar is a Takamine G Series. Monitor could also be upgraded...

2.jpg

Close up of the desk, wireless mouse, meh earphones, Focusrite 2i4 interface with MIDI going to the Yamaha Piano.

5.jpg

Here is a close-up of my shelves, bottom is my PC (desperately in need of an upgrade), sub and analogue power amp.

4.jpg

And some shots of the wiring.

6.png

Let me know what you all think!

Jethro.

Last edited:
This is a great studio for the home. Just to say a defect, perhaps with a son hide and seek?

thats a great little setup man --- if you put a bass trap in that corner you'll be a happy man.

look up venus bass traps by auralex.

Looks great, I would recommend some acoustic foam pads for your monitors to sit on - especially as you're on a wooden desk. I bought some and the difference it makes is incredible - when monitoring at higher volumes, the lower frequencies caused the entire worktop to rattle - the acoustic pads fixed that, and they shouldn't cost you too much. Looks great though!

Nice set up, as said above i would recommend some foam speaker pads for your monitors to sit on.

Back