My home studio :) in my front room behind the settee lol

nice man! just 2 suggestions though; are those monitors at ear level? unless you're like 4 feet tall then I'm guessing they're not ;) You might want to go buy some stands so you can raise them up to ear level or else you wont get an accurate image of your high frequencies. And second; I'm assuming those monitors also have rear-firing ports, in which case you really don't want them to be flush up against the wall like that. Those ports are firing straight into your wall, completely distorting those sub-bass frequencies which are super important in hip-hop or other urban genres. I'd suggest at least 6 inches of space between them and the wall.

nice man! just 2 suggestions though; are those monitors at ear level? unless you're like 4 feet tall then I'm guessing they're not ;) You might want to go buy some stands so you can raise them up to ear level or else you wont get an accurate image of your high frequencies. And second; I'm assuming those monitors also have rear-firing ports, in which case you really don't want them to be flush up against the wall like that. Those ports are firing straight into your wall, completely distorting those sub-bass frequencies which are super important in hip-hop or other urban genres. I'd suggest at least 6 inches of space between them and the wall.

Good suggestions and I believe this should go in the thread devoted to pics of your setup rather your own thread.

Very nice though

Nice setup, but I heard that you have to make a triangle with your monitors to make them point towards your ears. Am I wrong in this?

nice setup, but like others say, get them to ear level, should be equaladeral triangle, equal distance between the monitors and u...ahh those toys look fun

Do you have any treatment in your room for mixing? If not you should check it out and ARC. They can really help your over all sound by tuning your speakers in your listening room.

If you have an iPad Korg has it as an app for far cheaper than the full hardware.

I have The ESX 1 and man you can't front on that joint for making beats... plus you need somehing on your walls...

Back