MPC 1000 Set Up. What else do I need

brooklynstyle

What up fam,
here's my question for yall. I wanna cop mpc 1000. What other hardware would i need to make complete beats. I got samples and i'ma do all the sampling on my pc. Do I need any other piece of hardware?
Holla back with some comments.

The term "complete beats" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

If you can give a clearer idea about what you want to accomplish, you can get better advice.

brooklynstyle said:
What up fam,
here's my question for yall. I wanna cop mpc 1000. What other hardware would i need to make complete beats. I got samples and i'ma do all the sampling on my pc. Do I need any other piece of hardware?
Holla back with some comments.
If you're doing all the sampling on your computer don't get the MPC.

Pookie said:

If you're doing all the sampling on your computer don't get the MPC.
isnt that part of the reason they put a usb port on the mpc 1000 so you can work along side your computer to transfer samples, programs, sequences etc??

Yeah sampling from vinyl is how everybody does it but it will be much easier for me to sample from CDs. Does the mpc 1000 come with any computer interface at all?

PtheGhost said:
kinda, i think you should sample from vinyl, into the mpc1000, then transfer to pc to edit

Yeah but why make that extra step? If your going to edit it in the puter. Just put there first.

Originally posted by brooklynstyle
Yeah sampling from vinyl is how everybody does it but it will be much easier for me to sample from CDs. Does the mpc 1000 come with any computer interface at all?

CD's are good to go from, but I think vinyl will give you a warmer sound.

Last edited:
get a software editing program, and if your gonna be sampling into your computer, you might want to upgrade your sound card.

and yes it does come with a computer interface hence the usb port, which turns the compact flash drive on the mpc into a drive you can use on your pc...im not sure if you can use midi thru the usb on that machine tho...

your sampling already compressed etc ish, the quality is the biggerst diff, vinyl sounds so much better

Yeah it's true the vinyl gives u more natural sound, more warmth etc. But I am willing to compromise that in my case cuz otherwise i have to cop a turntable and get a whole bunch of vinyl. Plus chopping sample up is much easier for me on the computer.

this thread is very confusing...

samplers can be used to sample your *own* parts too... You can play a piano line and sample that "live", etc

plus remember that you can TREAT sounds to be the way you want... Saying "X sampling is wack" is too simple of a statement... Run your sources through mixers and filters (and other devices, just try everything) to COLOR your sound as you want it to be.

Sampling does not always have to be using sounds that come "Straight" from a recording (regardless of the media it is on), or even from any existing recording/composition.

The thread is also confusing for other reasons... You wouldn't need any computer interface to sample from CD... just an audio cable. But yes, the MPC1000 connects to your computer with a USB cable - it is *not* for sampling however, it is simply to put files on the MPC's Compact Flash card

I hope this helps, and clears some issues/confusions :) ... or maybe I am the only one who was confused reading this thread ;)

Hey Mano,
No you are not the only one confused. What you are saying about sampling is all correct. The thing is though many cats dont have money to buy all these mixers, filters and all that to change the sound. That is why we wanna get the perfect sound without having to work on it too much.
You are also right that the mpc is not done to sample on it. Yes, it can do sampling, you can record samples but the mpc's primary function is not sampling. People use it for sequencing patterns. I mean it's like a car, you can sleep in your car but the car is not made to sleep in it, it is not comfortable, it is made to drive it. Same with the mpc - it is not made to sample with it, its main functions are different.

Back