Mixing desk VS Apogee

nickysizzle11

Hi i have quite a few instruments that i want to connect up to logic at the moment i spend my entire time switching through cables going into the back of my apogee duet! I know that a mixing desk would solve this however i am wondering whether buying a mixing desk would eradicate my apogee interface as i know some of them come with a built in audio interface and some do not.

I only need a mixing desk with about 12 instrument inputs but i want it to be easy to connect to logic. I have seen that people run loads of gear through old type mixing desks and i am just wondering how it is done basically.

If anyone could help me out with this question that would be most appreciated

Thanks

Nick

Hi i have quite a few instruments that i want to connect up to logic at the moment i spend my entire time switching through cables going into the back of my apogee duet! I know that a mixing desk would solve this however i am wondering whether buying a mixing desk would eradicate my apogee interface as i know some of them come with a built in audio interface and some do not.

I only need a mixing desk with about 12 instrument inputs but i want it to be easy to connect to logic. I have seen that people run loads of gear through old type mixing desks and i am just wondering how it is done basically.

If anyone could help me out with this question that would be most appreciated

Thanks

Nick

Presonus 16.0.2 firewire mixer is compatible with logic pro
PreSonus | StudioLive 16.0.2

There are affordable USB mixers
Alto ZMX range are usb
Allen & Heath zed 24 or 16

Mackie pro fx 22 or 16

Last edited:
I did some digging around and found a site that has $200 off the PreSonus 16.4.2 AI, uniquesquared.com. Not sure if you are still interest in that mixer. I think the deal is good until the end of Dec. And you can make them an offer too if you want to try and haggle them down. Holiday season always brings out some great deals.

Back