Mixer Stands

I'm curious as to if anyone is using or has used a stand for their drum machine(s) and/or sequencer(s) in your studio? I have in mind the QuikLok QL-400 for my MPC 2000XL. Post high quality pics if possible.

Probably the least expensive, decent quality alternative would be a simple black folding (non-wire) music stand (if your devices aren't too large or heavy; average drum machine or analog-synth-in-a-box would be no problem). I use these live, and have used in the studio, as well, for years. Something like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=fol...0Q1TU&biw=480&bih=256#spd=4641792201790788595

I've seen people use the kind with holes in them to hold multiple units, and run cable through the holes to keep things neat:

Hercules Stands EZ Clutch Perforated Music Stand | GuitarCenter

Might save you a few bucks and serve your purposes...

GJ

The OP sent me a private message in response to this thread (nothing that necessarily needs to be "private;" I'm assuming only because nobody else responded). I answered him back, and then thought better that this might be good information for all to have access to, so the message and my response appear below. If this is in breach of any FP protocols, I'm sure that a mod will take care of things, and educate me in the process, but in lieu of that, the message exchange appears below for posterity:
Re: Stands

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by boombapdame
My MPC is large if you've ever seen the 2000XL one so a music stand that you provided as an example won't do me justice.

Oh, the 200XL is the newest one with the screen and computer interfacing, yadda-yadda, yes? I can't remember what your exact dilemma was, but if you are looking for options on inexpensive/affordable "studio furniture" to hold equipment like that, that won't take-up a lot of space, another option you might look at is a folding/portable "camping table" at your local sporting goods or camp store, or even Walmart. My studio furniture is pretty solid (I have an actual multi-room studio and a lot of gear, not a bedroom operation), but I also run live sound and do some DJing; I have a camping table that I have been using for years, that does not take a lot of space, is light and easy to set-up, and holds a lot of weight if necessary (a live rack, a mixer, pro CD player and a Mackie PA head, with no issues whatsoever). Maybe look at one of those, it should handle your MPC XL no problem...

GJ

Back