Midi out - Fl studio

Shawndmusic

Hey So earlier today, I posted a thread asking about how to link a midi keyboard to a synthesizer, and that way control the synthesizer thru the midi keyboard.. I've been trying for about 2 hours now to get it to work, tho I can't really get my midi keyboard (Akai MPK) to trigger the synths in my synthesizer (Microkorg). But after I searched around on google trying to find out what i was doing wrong, I found out that the Akai MPK cannot send signals thru the 'Midi out' when connected to an interface thru usb on the same time. So I unplugged the midi cable from the Akai mpk, and plugged it into the 'Midi out' port of my Interface (E-MU 0404). I opened Fl Studio, which is the daw I use (obvious lol), and loaded up the 'Midi out' plugin. So for this to work, I have to Syncronize the midi out plugin in FL studio with my Microkorg synthesizer.. And that's basically my problem now, as I don't know witch Channel settings and other settings i have to set in the midi out plugin in FL and/or on the Microkorg, to get the connection Appreciate all answers & Thanks in advanced!

Last edited:
set your channels in fl to omni (all) (i.e. do not try to rechannelise the MIDI data) and use the MIDI channel selector on your keyboard to set the channel that your microkorg receives MIDI data on (read your microkorg manual to know what this should be)....

Back