Making own acoustics - question though....

R

Ray_Chappell

I'm ready to do some room treatment to the studio. Awhile back Massive recommended clouding the ceilings so I think that's what I'm going to start with. One question though, what I planned on doing is lining the "arch" part of the ceiling with 4-5 panels each with peg board and 2" (found from "http://www.hp-h.com/p/hapicmpur/clouds.htm) - is this enough, and does the top of the ceiling - between the arches - need treatment too? I guess that's two questions... any other suggestions? Here's a pic, the image below are actual dimensions to scale. Thanks!

studioapril07resizedzs0.jpg

studiojh2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG thats a dope setup i had a room like that in my old house. I should have built my studio it was almost the same setup. Your house is probably pretty big my old house was huge. But i built my studio in the basement because i built a real room. Whats that TV have up on it it looks like protools or FL studio or something?

Thanks man. It's Ableton up on the tv. That way when I'm working with folks they can be on the couch and watching what I'm doing and making suggestions. Here's an updated pic, not much physically, but the new computer has really helped make the most of Ableton and other software (multiple processors, 4 gigs of ram, etc.). And now the laptop is used just for the tables. Thx for the feedback. You using the Motif too?

newpx2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got over a dozen panels made now. They're all 4' by 15". I'm going to make a few different sizes for the actual walls and the rear of the room. I know there is software (thx for the link) but it's really difficult to set my room up because of the angles... I may not need to use all the panels, but for the angled wall specifically, any guesstimate as to how far each panel should be from the next? I'm thinking 15" apart ought to do it... because of the size of the room it'd be like 10 panels on the angled wall, but whatever works... appreciative of any thoughts. Thx.

Back